Are these any good?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are these any good?
Hi all looking on replacing my dash and clock bulbs plus interior light to blue LED. Are these any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360665408826?s...1423.l2649

Also does anyone have a link to any blue LEDs for the ph1 window switches and interior clock?

This is the sort of look im after.

Thanks given by:
woh! chavtastic!

Anyway, you need a variety of different bulbs...some are soldered in, so you need to take apart the switches and see what the LED is then go buy some...handy if you have a maplins somewhere near you!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
lol - the under dash lights! Big Grin I have a maplins up in the town which could be handy then Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Oi, there's nothing wrong with footwell lighting.....mine looks alright anyway, but mines white, not blue.

I'm sure cully did a guide for changing the colour of the window switches, but I'm on my phone at the moment so I'll look later unless someone beats me to it. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
whites cool...blue is a bit 90s chav
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 06:42 PM)Piggy Wrote: whites cool...blue is a bit 90s chav

Well saved! Wink lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0328.jpg]
fukc the haters. imo they look mint. just make sure you get the yellow dye off the back of the clocks and you may get a few hot spots as seen in the pic.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good, im getting me some Lockwood white dials which gave me the idea to go for the blue led's
Thanks given by:
Just but some 12v LED strip you can normally get it on a role.
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 07:36 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Just but some 12v LED strip you can normally get it on a role.

just no.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have a few of them kicking about the place collecting dust!
Thanks given by:
Why just no to LED strip?
Thanks given by:
There ok if you use them for under the dash or like me stick a few in the boot, guilty Big Grin
Thanks given by:
you will most likely get hot spots on the dials...

See 40, 10 and 50 on kingy's pics

this is just because the pattern is a lot more focused on a standard led package then a lamp.
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 06:51 PM)kingy Wrote: [Image: IMAG0328.jpg]
fukc the haters. imo they look mint. just make sure you get the yellow dye off the back of the clocks and you may get a few hot spots as seen in the pic.

Hot spots.. Make sure the needles are aligned up properly too, like the one down in the bottom right corner......

Oh no wait.....
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
My led's come in the post today so I will get them on tomorrow and take a night time picture, would dimming the lights a little bit help stop the hot spots?
Thanks given by:
Where the hot spots are get a sticky label and put it on the back of the dials. Helps rid hot spots. Or just get proper LEDs. Iirc the hot spots are caused by the flat led. Maybe try rounded ones for better light displacement
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
The ones I had come in the post are rounded, they look pretty much like the standard T10 bulbs Smile
Thanks given by:
Its the dome of the led that acts as a lens and focuses the light in to such a tight beam the better ones I've seen are actually concave on the end.

But at the end of the day YMMV.
Thanks given by: