Best spray paint match?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best spray paint match?
Hi all after using different brands of spray paints, I have come to the conclusion there all crap, is It hard to match a colour? I have found that they just cant seem to get it write, even tho the paint code is rite there in front of them. Anyone ever come across a supplier who stands out from the rest?

Also if you wont gloss paint I highly recommend Hycote spray paints, beautiful to work with and a great shine, but stay away from Carplan paints, crap!!! Same price to :S:S:S
Thanks given by:
The paint code may be right but with in one code there could be varients and also if the original paint is dull ect may need a good buff up before trying to match colour. Hope this helps bud
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Yeah you'll struggle to match new paint with your 12+ year old paint off the shelf.
Thanks given by:
Just buff her up and try to fade out best you can
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
True what you say about old paint on new!! I used to use this one supplier called jawel paints, pretty pricey over £12 a tin, so you would expect them to get the colour rite evan if your car has fainted over the years, but. They just don't no how to mix, the last time me and my brother used them he got himself a tin of china blue for his old 106, which soon turned out to be more purple then blue.

I dont wont to rant to much but when you spend hours sanding, masking up and making sure the area is spotless, you end up with a finish that is poor, and the wrong colour. :S
Thanks given by:
although the match for almost every color in halfords is wrong, their whites are actually pretty spot on, the halfords peugeot bianca white is quite creamy which suits phase 1 well, for phase 3 bianca white I find halfords citroen frozen white to be a better match

dont trust their ford colours though...... flol
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
these guys:
http://auto-paint.co.uk/carpaint/index.p...oductId=21

spot on for the few I have used
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
In Chesterfield we have a place called autosupplies, when I needed paint for my 106 it took them ages to find a match makeing sure they got it perfect, even tho my paint is 18 years old and faded it matched pretty good wasn't cheap tho was £15+ a rattle can, but worth it for the match

Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 07:36 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: In Chesterfield we have a place called autosupplies, when I needed paint for my 106 it took them ages to find a match makeing sure they got it perfect, even tho my paint is 18 years old and faded it matched pretty good wasn't cheap tho was £15+ a rattle can, but worth it for the match

There's a blow in Hucknall who ask for you paint code and looks with cars to match the paint to your car. Recommend him to any one.

Because my wheel centers are plastic obviously they cannot be powdercoated. So asked him to match the paint up to the powdercoat best he can. Erm did any one notice a difference at fcs Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I got an almost perfect match on my wing
Halfrds done well but £13 for 300ml cans.. It gets expensive
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 12:14 AM)underground375 Wrote: True what you say about old paint on new!! I used to use this one supplier called jawel paints, pretty pricey over £12 a tin, so you would expect them to get the colour rite evan if your car has fainted over the years, but. They just don't no how to mix, the last time me and my brother used them he got himself a tin of china blue for his old 106, which soon turned out to be more purple then blue.

I dont wont to rant to much but when you spend hours sanding, masking up and making sure the area is spotless, you end up with a finish that is poor, and the wrong colour. :S

Lol! We use jawel's paint at work when we've ran out of the paint we use and we need a little bit quick time. Their colour match is terrible! White is more of a cream!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
Yup, ive stopped using them now so hopefully I can find a half decent place.
Thanks given by:
just in case it was missed, the link I put, I have used them for a ford silver, cossack grey, pug solid blue and pug moonstone...all have been 99% spot on...and they very reasonable I think...postage is pricey for a single can...but get some primer and lacquer and its fine
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sorry piggy forgot to reply to you. I've saved the website in my fav section, I will also let my brother no as hes just gone and got two tins from jawels, :O :O :O lets hope it comes out ok!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  setting up spray booth at home bashbarnard 6 1,539 28-07-2016, 07:33 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Best Spray on Instant Shine / Polish silverzx 10 3,930 22-07-2015, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Iceman299
  Spray Guns / Spraying mcglynn 15 2,193 21-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Last Post: gretsch-drummer