Powerflex wishbone bushes...Email from Powerflex!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerflex wishbone bushes...Email from Powerflex!
(29-07-2013, 11:54 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: Definately got the old metal casing out from the old bushes yes?

If so, maybe your wishbone casings are a slightly different size to OE ones?

yeah defo mate, the bushes slide in loverly with grease, without much effort, into the wishbone casing.

Its just when the metal pin/tube goes in, they go all double chinned!

I have been doing some searching round, found a couple that have cut them slightly....

not sure though Confused Huh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That looks familiar, I think those particular bushes are made just a bit too big.

As it happens Ppc did an article recently on bushes, which educated me on how they should work and subsequently convinced me to make my own set of front bushes lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well, rule of thumb, you should be able to move a correctly polybushed wishbone easily with one finger, it should drop straight down under it's own weight as soon as you release it, no snags, no slowing down.

I bet yours won't do that?
Personally I'd get in touch with the makers.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
er no.

sits up rather happily!!

bugger it, cut ne losses and start trimming and refitting till its right
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
emailed Powerflex

very quick reply, basically saying that they have never had a problem before.

I hate it when companies say that.....for two reasons:

1) I dont care if I am the first, I have a problem with a product, so sort it

2) every problem starts with the first complaint!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You'd probably be safer trimming them or whatever needs done to get them sitting properly, kind of defeats the purpose though lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah I have trimmed the inner edge, and that helped, but I think the bit that really is too big is the outer edge, the bit thats actually mushrooming.

I measure the subframe gap, 62mm ish. The bushes in the arm before being rammed in the subframe come to 65.5mm!

thats a lot of tough polybush to squish!

My worst case scenario is if I take a bit too much off, just ram a big ass washer in there
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You're certainly not the first to have this problem, although yours as you say, look slot more "squished" in than mine did
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
another idea I have had is to freeze the metal sleeve to shrink it a bit.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The guy at powerflex is being quite helpful, kudos where kudos is needed.
He has asked for all dimensions to compare with that they have.
I have also provided him, upon his request, a link to this forum as I had mentioned others saying its a common squeeze to get them in and some had needed to cut them.

He said they want to fix the issues for all, so good good!

Maybe powerflex will have a profile on here for support soon!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Fair play, just as in the meyle thread, its things like this that helps a company's image where it counts
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had the same issues with mine, ended up levering the wishbones in with a big screwdriver with the bushes fitted. Blush Think I'll give powerflex a call and see if they'll provide me updated replacements so they actually fit properly Rolleyes
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Had to trim mine in the end.

I cut a slither off each half bush down the length of it, allowing the bush to expand inside the wishbone casing rather than mushroom out. worked beautifully..

but will update with what powerflex say
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Does the wishbone drop freely under it's own weight now if you let it go?
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
I fitted these some time ago, what a PITA, trimmed and pressed in using a vice in the end

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 03:48 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: Does the wishbone drop freely under it's own weight now if you let it go?

almost, very slowly. But feel 100times better. Were tight to get it, but sit in there sweet now!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Had a very interesting email this morning from Powerflex:

"Hi James,

Just to keep you updated, we received a new arm from Peugeot this morning to take dimensions from. It is clear that our bush is wrong and therefore a new design is required.
We have created a new design and we will be looking at starting the tooling tomorrow.
Once the tooling is finished we will be able to make the first samples, inspect them and test fit them.
As soon as I have a firm date of when we’ll be able to despatch the new parts I will come back to you."

very impressed.
Will keep ya'll updated

Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hell up, well done them ThumbsUp
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
result . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
all in about a week since I emailed about the issues. fair play
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
could you send me the email address as I will be pursuing this myself once you are sorted

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Thats a result there. Again, its good to see companies taking customers seriously still.

Good results there, could prove useful for quite a few people!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Again, very good service there! Im impressed!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Good result! Seems powerflex are still on top of the market for good reason lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Trouble is I'd imagine there are still going to be 100s of wrong bushes out there sat in a shelf waiting to be sold by resellers
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2013, 06:03 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Trouble is I'd imagine there are still going to be 100s of wrong bushes out there sat in a shelf waiting to be sold by resellers

Yep but these things happen to any manufacturer. The big thing is how they deal with it! Look at how they dealt with the failing bottom engine mounts. I also thought that was very well handled.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Why not ask them if they'll do a one time forum discount or a group buy?

I quite fancy a set..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I will enquire about how others to go about getting replacements and maybe discount for new sets
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2013, 05:26 PM)Poodle Wrote: Good result! Seems powerflex are still on top of the market for good reason lol.

Top of the market is SuperPro, has been for a long time, for good reason.
Thanks given by:
Std bush's flex less, even in the 205 world std OE bush's outlast any other and perform better. Never seen the appeal personally due to the few sets I remove
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerflex Front Wishbone Bushes gti6man 2 2,066 16-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: miles
  Wishbone bushes mattbarker32 0 910 04-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: mattbarker32
  Wishbones - Meyle HD or Reuse and Powerflex bushes Eeyore 33 9,580 23-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Eeyore