Powerflex wishbone bushes...Email from Powerflex!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerflex wishbone bushes...Email from Powerflex!
(06-08-2013, 01:28 AM)miles Wrote: Std bush's flex less, even in the 205 world std OE bush's outlast any other and perform better. Never seen the appeal personally due to the few sets I remove

lmao lmao lmao

have you ever taken a second to look at a peugeot/citroen (any make/model) wishbone P bush?!?!
they practically fall apart from new!

seriously I think they used cheese...mainly due to the huge gaps.
My genuine Pbushes have never lasted longer than 6/7months.
polybush ftw
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2013, 06:20 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(06-08-2013, 01:28 AM)miles Wrote: Std bush's flex less, even in the 205 world std OE bush's outlast any other and perform better. Never seen the appeal personally due to the few sets I remove

lmao lmao lmao

have you ever taken a second to look at a peugeot/citroen (any make/model) wishbone P bush?!?!
they practically fall apart from new!

seriously I think they used cheese...mainly due to the huge gaps.
My genuine Pbushes have never lasted longer than 6/7months.
polybush ftw

lmao

Do you even know who Miles is? I'm sure he's seen more bushes than you've had hot dinners bud Wink

If your "genuine" P-bushes are only lasting 6 months you're fitting them wrong. Pretty sure cars don't have failed bushes 6 months after leaving the production line...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I do care for experience and knowledge but I would make a challenge for how many p bushes we have changed between us!!
They suck, seriously bad dood.
And yes,there was many people returning for their 6/12mth check ups with failed pbushes. should have been a recall IMO
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
lol

I've not come across one 306 yet that had to have p-bushes replaced in such a short space of time. People are tearing through OEM p-bushes because they're fitting them wrong and smashing them about with coilovers/silly lows and poor geometry.

I had Meyle HD ones and was thoroughly disappointed, I got three months out of them. Replaced them with OEM ones and they've been fine for a good two years now...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I killed a set of genuine ones in less than 12 months, but I was driving like a complete arsehole 100% of the time down some gravel roads I found...
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Id agree on fitting the p bushes wrong especially on a car thats lowered a good bit, if there now fitted right they'll stress the bushing and eventually tear it.

Good to see powerflex sorting the other ones out though.
Thanks given by:
I've got some of these things bnib for sale...
Thanks given by:
Good they've admitted to the problem and appear to be sorting it out, but how long have these things been available for? How can such a basic measurement be incorrect?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Never had issues with OE one's, thats with track/Race use as well, Inc bending wheels going over the curb's, I do run VT ones on my own car now and any rally car as they seem to go on and on, Everything in perspective thou

I hear the black ones are a huge step in the right direction but a little to late for me
Thanks given by:
Ive had 2 sets of these now and could never get them to work. The second set i got so frustrated with that i just threw them down the street. And i did email powerflex with no reply whatsoever.. This was just after buying the rallye. Waste of 60 quid to be fair!
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had the same issue getting my arm bushes in!
Every time the pin was slid into the bushes they would come out from both sides, so after bending the cages out a bit and no luck there, i took a grinder to the pins are made them a bit narrower, after a lot more pushing, swearing etc they went in.
9 hours with a mate spent doing the bushes...
Thanks given by:
FYi: a quick slice down each opposite length of the bush and they go in perfectly...
you dont want cut/grind the metal pin as that will wear away at the bush..the slices I made allow the bush to expand internally rather than externally
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Power flex emailed me to say my updated design bushes are in the post, just in time for me to swap over wishbones from the d turbo to the gti 6 Cool will have to see if they fit properly this time Wink
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
yep.
They said mine are on the way too.
soon find out how good the new ones are.

if you want replacements just email them explaining why and they will send them out
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
pm me the email address then Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Its all in the name, ie powerFLEX lol.
Thanks given by:
Do they want proof of purchase because both pairs i bought were a couple of years back now. Id give the new ones a shot.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Anyone tried these yet? I've not got round yo taking wishbone off yet so just wondering if they now actually fit? Cool
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
they have arrived.

quite a change to design inc metal inner edge.

will get pics up and how they fit tomorrow hopefully
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
so heres the new bush design:

[Image: 20130815_072318_zpsc3e4da87.jpg]

notice the metal inner edge?

also the mushroom hat part has a chamfered edge to help with fitting.

soon find out how well they fit!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
And internal knurling, they are a far, far better design.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
So we email them saying we have the old ones and they just send new ones?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yup basically.

paul@powerflex.co.uk I believe
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
They actually look like the standard design bushes not something that looked like it might fit I still question how can something like this have gone un noticed in the design and testing stage (or lack if as it seems to be here) for such a long time
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
coz it seems no one went to the effort I did to get it sorted....
rep me if you feel happy Smile Smile Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
piggy have you got the partnumber for the newer bush's or is it the same as the old?
Thanks given by:
I don't know buddy.

I'll pm you though...
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
very interesting and mental note taken.............very informative.

whats price difference between oe bushes ( voided one piece bushes with metal "outer"?? ) and the powerflex ones??

wheres best place for oe spares with parts exploded views and part numbers please?? mail order??

brilliant forum by the way
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerflex Front Wishbone Bushes gti6man 2 2,066 16-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: miles
  Wishbone bushes mattbarker32 0 910 04-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: mattbarker32
  Wishbones - Meyle HD or Reuse and Powerflex bushes Eeyore 33 9,580 23-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Eeyore