proctas moonstone HDi,

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
proctas moonstone HDi,
Matt Wrote:Can't link on my phone but 280835578839 stick that number on eBay Smile

cheers matt, put it on me watch list so i can get some lolly into paypal after mot on monday Smile
Thanks given by:
i had a look at the damper today to see what the crack was with it been an advisory. looks like that needs to be changed sometime this year. also changed my centre exhaust rubber as it was shot too. just before i let the arse end down i decided to check me spare wheel over. turns out it was flat as f*ck! so whipped it out and blew the bugger back up.
my mum and dad are weary of me getting the car remapped, due to the f*ck on me and my dad had with the rover build. also he doenst like the idea of dervs smoking bad, and frightend case a perfectly good car gets f*cked up.
Thanks given by:
f*ck me, clearance will be tight on those drop links between the wishbone and bolt!

I made some with more shallow spacers and higher strength rod ends. I've spoke to the seller before too and iirc he used bronze liners instead of the ptfe/Kevlar ones me and ripp used.

Been thinking about arranging another group buy again but still undecided. Even with the discount they were £18 more expensive per set than the eBay ones and it's hard to justify the price to the average user.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:f*ck me, clearance will be tight on those drop links between the wishbone and bolt!

I made some with more shallow spacers and higher strength rod ends. I've spoke to the seller before too and iirc he used bronze liners instead of the ptfe/Kevlar ones me and ripp used.

Been thinking about arranging another group buy again but still undecided. Even with the discount they were £18 more expensive per set than the eBay ones and it's hard to justify the price to the average user.

i have seen your thread so i have put me name down. i dont want to be going down the same road i went down the rover metro!
Thanks given by:
cars booked in for bumper repair and possible wheel referb too,
so watch this space.
got a electrical problem starting with the door loom. so thats gonna need looking at too.
Thanks given by:
i found out what the crack was with the rear end, turns out my local motor factors f*cked up with my rear dampers. i was given a pair of spare gti 6 dampers to sort the rear end out and we are back in one shape again, also found that my maf sensor has bit the dust too. so a new ones been sorted. so we are getting there again.
Thanks given by:
sorted the electical fault, turns out the door connecters were not contacting as they should. so quick loosen and moving the door loom and re tighned soon sorted that out,
also had the wheels referbed as shown in another thread,
next up is a service i think as its long over due i think.
maf sensor was replaced and now we are running like bat out of hell again!!
mind the Decat and k&n panel filter really opens the car up better!
also the new brake setup is working really well too!
Thanks given by:
last week, my passanger side window decided to give up the ghost.
so checked the two door looms, i found that one of the wires in the driverside door had broke its pin.
so with a bit of diy i had that fixed.
[Image: 002-9.jpg][Image: 005-6.jpg]
nice and oem
[Image: 007-7.jpg]
anyway it sorted of fixed the fault as the passanger side window went down but it wouldnt go back up, indicating something more major. so i had to wind the window up manually.
leaving my car looking bit sorry inside
[Image: 008-4.jpg]
so i rang up bellcp306td on .net to see if he could shed some light on wtf was going on.
he came around yesterday as we were both off work, after both getting a sun tan. we both had the electric windows working again.
we chased the fault down to a faulty wire going to the relay for the windows.
we swopped it over for with a unused one. sorted!
got to say the haynes manual wiring diagram is abit shite, so we had to work things out for our selves. we also used his car for ref and testing.
handy to have a working 306 as a spare!
bellcp306tds at mine,
[Image: 012-3.jpg]
thanks to bellcp306td i have a working 306 again! give me a metro anyday and i will rebuild it etc. but a 306 iam scared of! scared shittless when stripping the car down!
many thanks bellcp306td!
Thanks given by:
been awhile since i posted up on her, you would think that this car was a second car and the metro was the 1st.
anyway, i replaced the window switch on the driverside as the old one died on route to brands hatch. now that ones died! also my light stalk has started to go on the blink, so i will have to sorce another replacement and a window switch,
or the door looms bit the dust again!!
anyway, i was out getting a few things and noticed my back box looked lower to the ground that it was before.
so after i cleared the metro out, i decided to take a look on what the crack was.
looked under and found this!!!

[Image: 001_zpsdf5c6f92.jpg]
[Image: 005_zpsefbaa49c.jpg]
wtf is going on here like, as these were only bought last year!! the one you see in the pick is the only remain rubber as the rest have bit the dust!
i have a spare metro exhaust rubber which i think i mite just put on thru out the car.
metro is fatter than the pug one
[Image: 003_zps8020c1dc.jpg]
[Image: 004_zpse15847bc.jpg]
so thats a job to do before the mot and service is on the cards again.
i will have to pull the 306 off the road till i sort the exhaust. as i recon thats gonna drop off.
Thanks given by:
right a little update,
my wipers were shite, so i bought some bosh areo jobbies
made a massive difference! got to splash out on some lux for her, Big GrinD

[Image: IMG01834-20131030-1327_zps368dd974.jpg]

[Image: IMG01839-20131030-1341_zpsaca19bb0.jpg]

[Image: IMG01840-20131030-1343_zps61c84001.jpg]

i need to adjust her hand brake and i think we are getting a vibration when hitting 2k from the driver side, it could be nothing ( something inside the car)
next pay i think i will buy those rose jointed droplinks for her,
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2013, 07:48 PM)procta Wrote: i think we are getting a vibration when hitting 2k from the driver side

Crank pulley!
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2013, 10:34 AM)me-tm Wrote:
(31-10-2013, 07:48 PM)procta Wrote: i think we are getting a vibration when hitting 2k from the driver side

Crank pulley!

it was replaced with a new one back in 2007, months after I bought the car, I argued the point with pug for a solid faced one, when I have sometime I will have a look,
Thanks given by:
while I diagnosed the metro, I thought id sort the hand brake on this,
took me two mins to adjust, took longer to sort the centre console out. lost a bloody screw and snapped join where it bolts into the gear stick!
Thanks given by:
got some plans for her, after the year.
I have noticed that the front drivers wheel is starting to make a noise when braking, so looks like the pads, need a change.
I have had a look on the bay of e, and I will be getting the rear odds and sods for the rear brakes. As I over hauled the metros rear shoes, so this is will be getting the same treatment.
got a clutch cable on save too, so that's going to be fun, as its starting to stick.
if the funds allow, I mite push for the rose jointed drop links, as that makes sense to replace those when the front wheels are off.
Thanks given by:
I know twas a while ago, but on the off chance you were still looking at some

(06-03-2012, 08:17 PM)procta Wrote: these are not drilled right the way thru as i read ones like that crack,
where can i get the rose jointed droplinks?

Make them yourself. Cost me about £40. If you can use a hacksaw and spanners, its no bother Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(25-12-2013, 10:43 PM)Grant Wrote: I know twas a while ago, but on the off chance you were still looking at some

(06-03-2012, 08:17 PM)procta Wrote: these are not drilled right the way thru as i read ones like that crack,
where can i get the rose jointed droplinks?

Make them yourself. Cost me about £40. If you can use a hacksaw and spanners, its no bother Smile

mind grant, I have thought about making some up, as I would like to have adjustable ones for the metro.
Thanks given by:
ok, as of tomorrow/ next week , this
[Image: 174.jpg]

will taking the role of the HDi.
As I am pulling the HDI off the roadSad
so I am stock piling the parts, at the min, I have a few parts on order from the bay of e, which are.

rear brake pad fitting kit,
new rocker cover gasket,
new bolts for the discs
new clutch cable,
replacement console, to replace the one I ****ed,
next up are new gear linkage,
new rose jointed droplinks
brake pads all round, ( yellow stuff again)
driver side window,
Thanks given by:
daily sleeper Tongue

should be interesting drive after the hdi!
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 01:21 PM)mr_fish Wrote: daily sleeper Tongue

should be interesting drive after the hdi!

the two are worlds a part, funny thing is trying to remember that the sleeper, doe'nt have central locking and the a filler cap latch inside!
also few things came today, my rocker cover gasket, rear calioper kit, yesterday, replacement centre console and stainless steal bolts for the discs.
just waiting on clutch cable.
then I will see what funds I have left in bank for the more expensive buys
Then the overhaul will begin!
Thanks given by:
well the fun and games started today, as I have took the car off the road,
a few photos will be posted up shortly
everything has gone wrong for a start
i have checked the front discs pads, the pads are spot on, but the disc on the driver side is scored and pitted, the other side isn't, but the CV boot on the pass side is ****ed.
so i am going to replace the discs and pads all round i think again,
defo sort that CV boot,
but 1st things 1st, get the car back up and running again! as the rocker cover gasket change hasn't gone well at all! so poor girl is out of action and in bits!
only best thing to come out of it all, is the centre console change!
Thanks given by:
Must just be moonstone thing today. Getting whole strut out on one side was pain in arse today took most of the day and ducked the drop link up while I was at it. So new drop links in morning.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2014, 07:32 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Must just be moonstone thing today. Getting whole strut out on one side was pain in arse today took most of the day and ducked the drop link up while I was at it. So new drop links in morning.

i recon it is!
Thanks given by:
well after a lot of swearing, the car is back together! took over a f*cking week to do! That's been due to the weather, Been well lucky, as one of the covers was damaged, i nearly started the car, but checked everything again before hand. lucky i did, as there was a piece of the cover up against the cam! That would have been game over!
i got hold of a second hand pair of covers, and what a f*ck on getting them back on again!
just the clutch cable and gearlinkages, so that's going to be another fun job!
i will upload photos when i find me phone lead.
Thanks given by:
Gear linkages are easiy just crowbar to pop the old off then get your muscles out the shove the new ones on done. Clutch cable is a bit more of a pain, probably have to take the battery and battery box out. Still fairly easy though.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2014, 11:47 PM)Tom Wrote: Gear linkages are easiy just crowbar to pop the old off then get your muscles out the shove the new ones on done. Clutch cable is a bit more of a pain, probably have to take the battery and battery box out. Still fairly easy though.

thanks for that tom! As the 306 is new to me, ( never pulled the car a part before )
only done the crank pulley, brakes and a services.
Thanks given by:
Mate the clutch cable in theory is piece of piss, even I did it before I started getting brave and fixing my own car (without my dad).

But in practice you'll wish you'd never done it and swear you'll never do it again.
Tie some strong string to your old clutch cable, the white clip that goes to your pedal. Makes it a "little" easier to get your new one in.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you've worked on cars before, the 306 is relatively easy to just have a crack at! Always nice when someone gives you some advice though :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Battery out? You wanna take the fecking engine out to get the new clutch cable seated in the bulkhead properly! lol

On a HDi with aircon it is a complete 'f*ck on' of a job, as you'd say Andy!
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2014, 09:38 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Mate the clutch cable in theory is piece of piss, even I did it before I started getting brave and fixing my own car (without my dad).

But in practice you'll wish you'd never done it and swear you'll never do it again.
Tie some strong string to your old clutch cable, the white clip that goes to your pedal. Makes it a "little" easier to get your new one in.

I am dreading it! but then again, I have come a cross some pain in the arse jobs in the past, that turned out to be a walk in the park.

(18-01-2014, 10:36 AM)Tom Wrote: If you've worked on cars before, the 306 is relatively easy to just have a crack at! Always nice when someone gives you some advice though :p

I have to say the rover is well easier to work on than the HDi, the rover I can get access to.
but I will prevail!

(18-01-2014, 10:51 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Battery out? You wanna take the fecking engine out to get the new clutch cable seated in the bulkhead properly! lol

On a HDi with aircon it is a complete 'f*ck on' of a job, as you'd say Andy!

looks like its going on the rams tom, so I can see what the crack is, also try and find a socket end that went down the back of the engine.
Thanks given by:
Cant be THAT hard, it is just a cable.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by: