TURBO BLOWN???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TURBO BLOWN???
Hi people, just noticed that i have a bit of blue smoke when cold-starting my ph 2 1999 1.9 d turbo and a little bit here and there but mostly when the engine is cold and pulling away from junctions, theres not masses apart from a freezing cold start!! I have been losing/burning a minute amount of oil (i mean minute) also.. I thought it was the oil valve stem seals but after taking off the lefthand 2" pipe that leads to the intercooler iv noticed theres oil in there... not pissing out but its there!!Doh is my turbo f*cked? and are they a hassle to change? I would have to get a mechanic or some1 to do it as im a dumbass with that kinda stuff! Huh
no smoke no poke... so they say!Puke
Thanks given by:
Will be fine for ages aslong as its not pissing out!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 06:14 PM)Tom Wrote: Will be fine for ages aslong as its not pissing out!

cheers, a few people said that there is usually some oily residue in the inter-cooler pipe from the turbo due to vapor collecting...mines just a wee bit of oil (pipe prob hasnt been off for years) maybe its not going afterall ..?? I was pretty sure its just the valve stem seals were just a bit miss shaped when cold as it goes away when the car is warmed up. The only blue smoke is just as i start the car for the 1st time of the day or if its left to go right cold again.Speechless
no smoke no poke... so they say!Puke
Thanks given by:
I think most xuds smoke all kinds of colours when they cold start!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Mine was doing this for about 25,0000 miles before the turbo finally stopped working, so i'd say you probably have some mileage left in it yet :p
Thanks given by:
I have not found a XUD yet without a oil residue in the intercooler!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ive got a mr2 mk1 with a blown engine on my driveway hennus 9 2,119 31-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Blown turbo? Maybe? LewisG306 8 1,741 05-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Teddy
  blown turbo causing diesel runaway willJspears 15 3,262 23-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Last Post: firemoth