centre console spraying

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
centre console spraying
hey all had my centre console sprayed up since march and since its been really hot iv noticed a few tiny pin head sized bubbles appear in random spots. Any ideas as to what i can do to prevent this from happening do i need to use heat proof lacquer? or have I done a crap spray job...
Thanks given by:
Try and use Enamel paint. Ive got my dash in gloss black enamel paint and its been fine and the car sits in direct sun light all day!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 04:06 PM)NottsPug Wrote: hey all had my centre console sprayed up since march and since its been really hot iv noticed a few tiny pin head sized bubbles appear in random spots. Any ideas as to what i can do to prevent this from happening do i need to use heat proof lacquer? or have I done a crap spray job...

Sounds like a few reactions. Youve seen mine and there hasnt been a problem. Dod you use plastic primer?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 04:45 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(23-07-2013, 04:06 PM)NottsPug Wrote: hey all had my centre console sprayed up since march and since its been really hot iv noticed a few tiny pin head sized bubbles appear in random spots. Any ideas as to what i can do to prevent this from happening do i need to use heat proof lacquer? or have I done a crap spray job...

Sounds like a few reactions. Youve seen mine and there hasnt been a problem. Dod you use plastic primer?

nah i didnt use plastic primer at the time i didnt know it existed lol yours look really nice mighty have to whip it off one day and do it all again. I always struggle to get the top fascia off that surrounds the heaters. last time i took it off i destroyed it and had to get a new one lol Any tips?
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 05:19 PM)NottsPug Wrote:
(23-07-2013, 04:45 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:

nah i didnt use plastic primer at the time i didnt know it existed lol yours look really nice mighty have to whip it off one day and do it all again. I always struggle to get the top fascia off that surrounds the heaters. last time i took it off i destroyed it and had to get a new one lol Any tips?

Yank the f*ck out of it!

I just gently prise it being on patient.
If I was you id take a ride to albert looms fpr a spare. But tbh I also think I may have one you can have seeing as your just in kimberly Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2013, 08:23 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(23-07-2013, 05:19 PM)NottsPug Wrote:
(23-07-2013, 04:45 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Sounds like a few reactions. Youve seen mine and there hasnt been a problem. Dod you use plastic primer?

Yank the f*ck out of it!

I just gently prise it being on patient.
If I was you id take a ride to albert looms fpr a spare. But tbh I also think I may have one you can have seeing as your just in kimberly Smile

Ah nice one dude you sir are a true gentlemen :-) I remember when I first took out the top piece I got a screw driver to it and was yanking out that way, it put loads of chips around the lip lol why they had to make it so hard is beyond me lol
Thanks given by:
Your welcome. Im just about to leave to go skeg but back tomorrow night. If you wanna nip down tomorrow night of friday morning.
Are you going fcs?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Centre console Jimmy-hdi 5 1,215 28-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Jimmy-hdi
  Centre console Mole man 5 1,445 20-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Mole man
  FIXED! - Centre console clock/outside temp gauge Smiley69 25 8,346 11-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Moose