Odd problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd problem
right, when i drive the car the temperature goes up from 80 to 110 sometimes just randomly, usually getting hotter the faster i go which is odd, and theres coolant leaking from the right bottom of the rad i think, whats up?
Thanks given by:
Sounds to me like your getting air in there as the water is leaking out. Get that leak fixed and that should solve your problem
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
where do you think its leaking from?
Thanks given by:
Well you said bottom of rad so a guess its there ........
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 06:40 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Well you said bottom of rad so a guess its there ........

lmao
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Fill the leak use abit of rad weld for now shitty stuff but will stop the leak burp your rad after leak has stopped get all the air out then go for a drive if the probblem is still there it aint a leaky rad
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
DO NOT USE RADWELD!!

It's F*cking horrid stuff.

Just buy a new rad and be done with.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
well i used stopleak, and it has caused the most random things, at first it was ok on the driveway and when i got to gym, then leaked a little on the way to asda, on the way from asda to home it overheated the stop light came on and i pulled over, after that it was ok, i drive to work and back and its fine.
drive it today it was okay, then i drove to a birds house and its pissed coolant everywhere when i got there, then when i drove home it got a little hot and but only leaked abit.
Given up, im changing the rad tomorrow, got a second hand one of ebay
Thanks given by:
I gota decent petrol rad if needs be...radweld sucks.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
WHY DO YOU NEED TO HAVE 3 DIFFERENT FITTING TYPES ON THE SAME RAD DESIGN YOU f*cking FROGS

rad i bought was broken, so had to order from gsf, bottom hose is rusted through at the fitting too, gonna try and bodge that because i aint paying 50 quid for a hose
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2013, 02:58 PM)aaronshort Wrote: WHY DO YOU NEED TO HAVE 3 DIFFERENT FITTING TYPES ON THE SAME RAD DESIGN YOU f*cking FROGS

rad i bought was broken, so had to order from gsf, bottom hose is rusted through at the fitting too, gonna try and bodge that because i aint paying 50 quid for a hose

lol i think they changed fittings every time they brought a new phase out lol......see howmuch piggy wants for his rad mate...
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
Crack a egg in it. Worked for my dad once.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i would of had piggy's but i need the car sorted before work on friday so i had to order in a new one from gsf.
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2013, 07:42 PM)kingy Wrote: Crack a egg in it. Worked for my dad once.

Crist thats an old trick lol...
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
anyone got a neat trick for getting the bottom hose on? its the circlip fitment, i cant get it fully on so it wont hold water
Thanks given by: