Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)
So how do you limit maximum boost or have i missed something with the Vnt?
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 04:40 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: So how do you limit maximum boost or have i missed something with the Vnt?

The more boost the more the vanes open, the more the vanes are open the more gas that bypasses the turbine wheel so the slower it spins and the less it boosts till the vanes close up again.
Thanks given by:
Blimey this has moved on quickly

Yeah if you can setup the actuator roughly to the sort of boost you want to run then you're on to a winner.

I'd be a bit less ambitious with the stop screw, have you got an emp gauge? Half a turn at a time and monitoring emps might be a better plan.
Thanks given by:
looks interesting! will keep checking this one Smile
[Image: New%20GTi6%20Filmstrip%20sig2_zpsu8ocrldg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 05:27 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Blimey this has moved on quickly

Yeah if you can setup the actuator roughly to the sort of boost you want to run then you're on to a winner.

I'd be a bit less ambitious with the stop screw, have you got an emp gauge? Half a turn at a time and monitoring emps might be a better plan.
I don't have an EMP gauge (or any gauges for that matter). I might wind the stop screw back a turn then.

(05-10-2013, 08:53 PM)MCH Wrote: looks interesting! will keep checking this one Smile
Cheers mate, hopefully get the next mini project underway tomorrow after work.
Thanks given by:
The term "working" is possibly a little over enthusiastic, no? I mean, it's not boosting yet Tongue
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
So f*cked off right now.

Gearbox plans are going on the shelf for many reasons.

I had been planning on building a GTi6 box with HDi 3-5 becoming 4-6 in the 6spd with a 206 ECO final drive giving me 6 well stacked ratios that wouldn't drop off boost between gear changes and up the top speed (at 4500) from 130mph to 145mph.

Anyway the "Eco" box I have isn't an ECO box even though I was told it was and paid the price because of this. But the crown wheel on the diff is clearly stamped with the wrong ratio and I counted the teeth to double check. Don't know if this is me being deliberately mislead or of the car it apparently came off has had a new box at some point. Not gonna get my money back either cos although I made sure I got a receipt (just in case something like this happened) it only says "206 HDi gearbox"

So anyway I know what I need to order off service box to be able to rebuild a standard final drive to the ECO spec and its probably cheaper and easier than finding another Eco box.

Anyway went to crack on with raping gears out the 206 box as a practice for taking boxes apart and it needs some funky tools to undo the nuts on the end of the box shafts that I don't have and cant adapt. Gonna drill those tomorrow and finish raping it apart as I reckon I could use it to make a half decent (but small) wood burning stove for my garage.

The boxes are just full of split pins and circlips and stuff thats impossible to get to so would be an utter lady garden to rebuild anyway.
Thanks given by:
ahhh dood.
what a bummer. sorry pal.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Gearboxes are bloody horrible things to work with! I know i wouldnt be doing this my self. Id be paying someone to do it lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Whats the crack with the eco hdi box - longer final drive?

Find a way through Smile I'd love a workable GTi6 box that'd be useful for motorway cruising
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys, you all cheer me up Smile

(06-10-2013, 06:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: ahhh dood.
Yeah was all happy when i got in the garage and started out beer in hand then it all started going wrong. Something you said in PM earlier put the smile back on my face.

(06-10-2013, 06:37 PM)Niall Wrote: Gearboxes are bloody horrible things to work with! I know i wouldnt be doing this my self. Id be paying someone to do it lol
Yeah, one of the worst bit is no matter how well you think youve drained it there is always stinking nasty slimy gear oil left in it.

(06-10-2013, 07:00 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Whats the crack with the eco hdi box - longer final drive?

Find a way through Smile I'd love a workable GTi6 box that'd be useful for motorway cruising
Yeah much longer final drive. The issue is that GTi 6th is much shorter than HDi/DT 5th, in fact IIRC its shorter than 4th. If youve got the revs the ECO FDR and 6 box could make epic ness. Ill PM you

Oh and my GTi6 box s for sale.
Thanks given by:
That's a stinker Chris !!! If a dodgy box comes out of the Eco model I guess the company wouldn't know as the car was bought in good faith..so that's a shitter Sad

Chin up mate as it will all work out in the end and the car will be epic when finished - just think of all this Peugeot mechanical knowledge you'll have Big Grin
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2013, 08:40 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 06:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: ahhh dood.
Yeah was all happy when i got in the garage and started out beer in hand then it all started going wrong. Something you said in PM earlier put the smile back on my face.

I smell a forum romance!

lol

That's a real shitter man, thought you were on a winner there. Sad Back to the search I guess.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
can you not just use a hdi final drive on the gti6 box?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It fits but it's not long enough for what I want.
Thanks given by:
So here's the diff off the ECO box

And heres the proof its not the right ratio.

So I finished stripping the box, I used the nine inch to cut the nuts off the ends of the shafts and managed to pull 5th off then split the box in half and lots of bits fell out.

Heres the gears out the inside. From left (engine end) to right

Final drive (the one on its own), 1st, synchro, 2nd, 3rd and 4th with a gap where I f*cked 5th off to get it apart

And the resultant mess. The casing is going to become a wood burner or a BBQ once Ive smashed some more out of it.

Thanks given by:
Looks good. Real shame it wasn't a genuine ECO box... I'll have to check mine now to see Sad

Is it a possibility that the final drive isn't actually any different, and it's the gearset that is longer....
JP
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2013, 04:53 PM)jammapic Wrote: Looks good. Real shame it wasn't a genuine ECO box... I'll have to check mine now to see Sad

Is it a possibility that the final drive isn't actually any different, and it's the gearset that is longer....

Many hours i have spent in service box looking at 206 and 306 boxes mate. I know how many teeth every cog on every gear on any noteworthy box has.
Thanks given by:
Mind boggle chris lol keep up the good work i will errr try and follow it lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Why did you scrap it? Sad
Thanks given by:
Hoping troll.. if not then.. FAIL
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol, and people get funny with me on here for not keeping cars long.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2013, 04:29 PM)padge Wrote: lol, and people get funny with me on here for not keeping cars long.

Yeah but yours are tidy cars though padge, the bora, the diablo etc

Chris please say this is a joke???
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
He's edited the title but not made a post, attention seeking gone wrong? Perhaps he thought no one would notice Big Grin Just to test the waters kind of thing. And it was looking so good, but he knows he has a reputation for these kind of shenanigans. Let's wait for him to explain the situation.
Thanks given by:
Lol Chris doesn't need to attention seek, it tends to self-generate. Was talking to him the other night, know he was majorly bummed out over the gearbox, guess he lost the love.

trollolololol!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
NOT SCRAPPED

JUST TROLLED

Sorry guys, one of the other rather un funny staff members has changed the title, It doesn't show in the mod logs so I have my suspicions

Anyway its still here, its still shit and I still haven't changed the beam.
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2013, 04:52 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
NOT SCRAPPED

JUST TROLLED

Sorry guys, one of the other rather un funny staff members has changed the title, It doesn't show in the mod logs so I have my suspicions

Anyway its still here, its still shit and I still haven't changed the beam.

Wouldn't have it any other way
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol that was blatantly troll , some people believing make me lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Yeah, well see how much I get paid this month and how much needs doing for the MOT but might get a fair bit closer to getting the 2.2 in if i don't need to fix anything
Thanks given by:
Thank god for that! Lol
JP
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stage1 to 3? Because stage2 is for pussies..now with pics for added goodness toseland 49 30,442 31-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: toseland
Heart Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6 Dum-Dum 516 352,516 30-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 156,036 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum