What mileage have u done on reserve?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What mileage have u done on reserve?
So out of interst i was wondering what mileage can be done once that curse of a fuel light comes on! Smile
[Image: DSC_0054.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Be brave and try it to fine out or just be sensible and put fuel in when the light comes on!
Thanks given by:
my mrs used to do 100miles....but I wouldnt try it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Have done over 70 miles on the light, but running out of fuel allegedly damages your fuel pump, so i'm not sure i'd risk it on purpose.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I did 70 miles on the light in my black HDi.

According to the hand book its 1.3 gallons remaining when the light comes on.
Thanks given by:
I definitely read the title wrong and thought you were asking 'how many miles have you done in reverse' haha.

Ive done over 50 before. Wouldn't recommend it though!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Because it's French and I trust it as such I don't think I've been brave enough to go over 30 miles on mine. Although one thing I have noticed is that a 306 is never quite sure when it's running out because the gauge can vary wildly in the last quarter.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
about 2 miles.

i get a little panicky, freak out and stop at the next fuel station / bookers / tesco / asda / costco
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I try to do less than 10, usually just until I can get to the cheaper petrol station!

Red light roulette FTL
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
I've done about 30 in the 6 and well over 100 in the Kia but that thing just doesn't use fuel lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Fuel light is always on in the nad, think I've done over 100,but fuel gauge is broken, so whatevs
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
My fuel light is almost constantly on lol, do about 50/60 miles once it's on steady.

306 handles best when there's less than £20 in the tank imo
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I've done just over 80, was going to fill up on 60 but needed to pee, nowhere was open, no time to stop!
Thanks given by:
I say an average of 50 miles max for the Rallye.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
Hdi I think I got about 50 out of it before it won the game of chicken

The mg has no red light...
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Careful driving 60 miles easy.

And yea I read it as reverse as well!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
yup i've done about 40 miles on reserve in the nad Smile
Thanks given by:
Done about 150 in the NAD.....the guage was completely f*cked tbh though. lol

Done about 50 in 306s.

Done 30 so far in the Vec....interestingly the fuel light and dash warming come on at 30 miles of range, it said 1 mile to go when I filled up. Big Grin And yes I was bricking it lol, gets quite jumpy when it's low on fuel....and slippery with no weight over the back. I dunno how people constantly drive on the red light though, I find cars are all better with at least half a tank, might just be placebo though of course.
Thanks given by:
Those "x miles to go " things are inaccurate anyway, did nearly 40 miles in my brothers '11-plate focus estate company car thing after it said we had no miles left 'til empty lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Did about 60 a few times, which is roughly the round trip to work.
Running on Veg I'd only fill up at home, so if the light came on just after you'd left in the morning you'd have to make it back to fill up.

The thought never crossed my mind to stop and fill up with derv, lol!!

Now I'm not quite so tight Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Never dared to experiment with this for 2 reasons

1. The fuel gauge seems to have a habit of going up and down depending on the gradient of the road where I'm driving or parked, as well as it going back up when I start the car even on the flat

2. I once ran my old Astravan out of fuel, dragged all the sediment through the fuel system and it wouldn't start, then died on the way to meet a potential buyer who was quite annoyed and no longer interested when I had to explain that the reason I was late was because I was 100 yards from my house waiting for the RAC Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2013, 01:33 PM)Poodle Wrote: Those "x miles to go " things are inaccurate anyway, did nearly 40 miles in my brothers '11-plate focus estate company car thing after it said we had no miles left 'til empty lol.

I always thought they were inaccurate too..... It definitely is to start with, says I've got 800 miles from a full tank, umm, lol, lucky to get 650!

But getting to the bottom I think it's more accurate...when it said 1 mile to go, it took 63 litres to fill it up....the tanks only supposed to be 61 litres and there wasn't any diesel on the floor lol. Confused
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2013, 01:33 PM)Poodle Wrote: Those "x miles to go " things are inaccurate anyway, did nearly 40 miles in my brothers '11-plate focus estate company car thing after it said we had no miles left 'til empty lol.

Yep, this is how my GF has arrived home in her Civic on several occasions.

[Image: L_zps32ca3339.jpg]
Thanks given by:
In the 306 i got 75miles before it died. Then started agane and did another 15 miles before it died going into the petrol station.

Vectra b with 2.5v6 the missus has got 60 miles out of it and iv got 80....just

ford galaxy 2.8 v6 35 from light on till dry.

1.3 vw beetle 1974 got 120 miles with it showing empty....
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
I'm always in red Cba to fill up, drove about 10 miles other day under reserve coughing and begging for deisel all the way never died
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I get about 5 miles tops
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
What size tank is in the 306 diesels? Smile
Thanks given by: