The NAD

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The NAD
I don't think there is an anti roll on these. If you get one off a gti it should help the handling. Shit you'll probably need the wishbones as well.
Thanks given by:
Awesome, cheers Chris Smile

Dee, there is a rear arb, but not a front one, I've got one to go on, just haven't got round to it lol, but chances are I'm buying a gti for parts soon so ill nick a bunch of stuff off it
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Put this engine in the gti? That shell is pretty f*cked in all fairness!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 06:05 PM)Niall Wrote: Put this engine in the gti? That shell is pretty f*cked in all fairness!

Haha I was going to say the same thing. Doesn't the gti have other bits bolted to the chassis to make it stiffer?
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 06:05 PM)Niall Wrote: Put this engine in the gti? That shell is pretty f*cked in all fairness!

LOL when Sam said "buy for parts" I'd kinda assumed the shell was the part he was after
Thanks given by:
Nah, the one I'm looking at isn't the great either, but would only need a new bonnet and bumper, but cba with the gti insurance group

Thanks given by:
No pobs mate any time let me know next time your in birmingham we will meet up

http://www.useddudley.co.uk/classified-a...l_22276088
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 06:19 PM)samass Wrote: Nah, the one I'm looking at isn't the great either, but would only need a new bonnet and bumper, but cba with the gti insurance group

If you send dvla confirmation of the engine change, it will be 1.5 nad insurance prices
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 07:26 PM)td_dan Wrote: No pobs mate any time let me know next time your in birmingham we will meet up

http://www.useddudley.co.uk/classified-a...l_22276088

nice one, ill keep my eye on that, just a bit far to collect it lol
will do man, for sure!

(21-07-2013, 07:27 PM)Niall Wrote: If you send dvla confirmation of the engine change, it will be 1.5 nad insurance prices

ORLY?

hmm.

china blue 1.5GTD?

Thanks given by:
Yeah man. We all know china blue is the best colour Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
meh. it'd look better if i get matt to paint it white tbh

Thanks given by:
No then it would just look like a spastic had smashed it through play group on finger painting day
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 07:56 PM)samass Wrote: meh. it'd look better if i get matt to paint it white tbh

ill help. White cars are win

(i know you were joking)
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 07:57 PM)Niall Wrote: No then it would just look like a spastic had smashed it through play group on finger painting day

exactly.

Wink

Thanks given by:
Pics working now. Love the new avatar btw. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
so next step is gti clutch setup?
may I ask...is that just flexi exhaust pipe from manifold to turbo?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2013, 06:32 AM)Poodle Wrote: Pics working now. Love the new avatar btw. Wink

Sweet as! Haha thought you might like it, finally got round to making the gif lol

(22-07-2013, 06:54 AM)Piggy Wrote: so next step is gti clutch setup?
may I ask...is that just flexi exhaust pipe from manifold to turbo?!

Next step is get it back on the road really, the cup car paddle clutch will go in at some point with the new engine.

It is, yeah

Thanks given by:
It wont, it will be a 106 GTI 1.5 NAD, once a "GTI" always a "GTI" you can only change the engine capacity. You will always insure it as a gti no matter what.

IMO tho, isnt the fact the car looks like a nadbus that no one cares about half the point? I think thats why its so epic lol!

(21-07-2013, 07:27 PM)Niall Wrote:
(21-07-2013, 06:19 PM)samass Wrote: Nah, the one I'm looking at isn't the great either, but would only need a new bonnet and bumper, but cba with the gti insurance group

If you send dvla confirmation of the engine change, it will be 1.5 nad insurance prices
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
To be fair i cant see it being much more to insure in a GTi shell what with the fact its already quite modified and more powerful than a GTi
Thanks given by:
There is that Darren. I think if I were to reshell it I'd just get another nad shell or another pov spec model. But a few hours with a welder and this one will be alright for another few years anyway lol

I do enjoy it getting laughed at when i pull up at lights and it's cluttering away, looking like it might just fall apart, and leave those laughing on a cloud of coal as i zip away unexpectedly quickly lol

Plus, this way I don't have to care about the paint, and whose car would niall and grant jump all over if i had a nice car? lol

Thanks given by:
Keep it sleeper dude. Thats half of whats amazing! Wouldnt be the same if it looked like a gti Sad
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah TBF it is an epic sleeper and we all love abusing your car
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2013, 07:57 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Yeah TBF it is an epic sleeper and we all love abusing your car

Just the car...? Smile

Giggity...
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2013, 07:38 AM)samass Wrote: There is that Darren. I think if I were to reshell it I'd just get another nad shell or another pov spec model. But a few hours with a welder and this one will be alright for another few years anyway lol

I do enjoy it getting laughed at when i pull up at lights and it's cluttering away, looking like it might just fall apart, and leave those laughing on a cloud of coal as i zip away unexpectedly quickly lol

Plus, this way I don't have to care about the paint, and whose car would niall and grant jump all over if i had a nice car? lol

leaving people standing at the lights in a car that no one suspects or even out doing them, is a right scream and a half!
I may have to look at this option with my rover metro too, reshell it with a non sunroof 1.1c shell, sad thing is I will lose the reg and gta,
Thanks given by:
Any news on this have you managed to fix the oil plate back ok?

Thanks given by:
not yet, i pretty much just forgot about it while i was at fcs, gunna be trying to order parts up over the next few days

Thanks given by:
(29-07-2013, 06:13 PM)samass Wrote: not yet, i pretty much just forgot about it while i was at fcs, gunna be trying to order parts up over the next few days

What Parts? You re-threading it?

Thanks given by:
ish, im gunna try get hold of a replacement insert, and a new sandwich plate nut thing and hope that solves my issue. i might sack off the oil plate with the sensors and tap into the oil pressure switch hole instead, try and reduce the areas of potential leaks. and order a new engine and start rebuilding it

Thanks given by:
(29-07-2013, 07:57 PM)samass Wrote: ish, im gunna try get hold of a replacement insert, and a new sandwich plate nut thing and hope that solves my issue. i might sack off the oil plate with the sensors and tap into the oil pressure switch hole instead, try and reduce the areas of potential leaks. and order a new engine and start rebuilding it

Or you could actually fit a oil cooler and t off one of the pipes? Least you will have cooler oil lol

Thanks given by:
Did this:

Feels pretty awesome, also got some stuff on the way to fix my oil keak, so she might be back on the road soon Smile

Thanks given by: