The NAD

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The NAD
So I figured its about time I put together a project thread for the nad, seeing as most of you have seen it by now anyway.

So, I got her off Ed in November, had to put a new beam on for the MOT, amongst other minor things (MASSIVE props to Dan and Kez for helping me out with that, was a bit of a night mare!)
Niall has/had a video of the play in the rear beam, I was surprised it was still on!

Then in January, in the coldest week of the year, I went over to Ruan's and he helped me strap on the Bosch, chronic coal resulted, so wound out the fuel and left it at that for a bit while I collected parts.
Dynoed her with just the Bosch on, and made 90lbft and something like 65bhp, got the printout somewhere, but f*ck knows where!

After lots of fabrication with adapter plates and chopping up old exhausts and faffing about with oil lines and and gauges and other stuff, myself and Niall cracked on one saturday when we realised I actually had all the parts to make it work.

Drove it down to Incarnation at Brighton, broke down on the way after boosting past Niall in his '6, minor electrical fault, nothing serious. Broke down on the way back after boosting up behind Niall, oil line to the turbo ruptured, covering the engine bay in oil.. RAC were called, and in not true Top Gear fashion, Niall and Grant stuck around to laugh at me, which was nice. lol

As a result of that, she developed a slight bottom end knock, ho hum. Oh, also, at some point, one of the bolts holding in the pump fell out, went round the cam belt, snapped the pump pulley, and detensioned the belt. Stuck a new one on there, and she’s a bit tappy, but ran fine!

Took her up to PPCITP in may, took her round the track, COOKED her, oil temp at 135 degrees, water temp pegged at 120 degrees, so probably hotter, clutch was ruined, slipping like mad as soon as she got hot, but a cracking time anyway!!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7242]
(pic stolen from Dum Dum)
[Image: IMG_0844_zps8e0863a5.jpg]
(pic stolen from Carl)

Had her on the dyno at the end of June, pulled 190lbft and possibly around 130bhp, but due to no rev counter I cant be sure of that result, but anyway, here's the graph.

Then there was Pugfest just gone, popped a boost hose on my first run, and then popped the head gasket on my second! Still, Ruan cranked the bolts back down and she made it up to Aberdeen, all be it while pissing oil everywhere, but made it nonetheless.

Videos of the hill runs at pugfest:

Currently she's broken, looks like this..
[Image: 270619_10152430678755476_2127976800_n.jpg]
Sandwich plate on the oil filter wont seal, at all. Needs a new filter insert.

so if tl;dr

So the current spec is:
Engine:
1.5D 1547cc TUD5 engine, standard internals
9mm, gov modded Bosch VE from a 306 1.9dt
Standard lucas injectors
Gearbox mounted Garrett GT15, welded wastegate cuz I’m lazy
Rad from a BMW 318i
Custom welded inlet manifold
Boot mounted battery
Single 9” slim line fan

Suspension:
Lowered around 30mm on Eibach Pro Kit
266mm 306 XSI brakes up front
Toyo Proxes on 15” 406 steels painted gold

Interior is partially stripped out, with gauges for Volts, Oil Temp, Water Temp and Boost

aaaaaaaaaand one last pic, mainly cuz I love the pic and i love to whore it out Big Grin

[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
ABOUT TIME!
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Oh snap! lol

Left out a bit of detail mate (cough bodges cough), but good to finally see this up! Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Epic project, really really epic, just what its all about. Bigger blower!!!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2013, 09:23 PM)lolsteve Wrote: ABOUT TIME!

haha whatever man, you knew it already after pugfest, surely??

(20-07-2013, 09:31 PM)Poodle Wrote: Oh snap! lol

Left out a bit of detail mate, but good to finally see this up!

detail? what detail? tbf theres far too much to remember lol

(20-07-2013, 09:32 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Epic project, really really epic, just what its all about. Bigger blower!!!!

haha cheers man, oh yeah, forgot a future plans bit, which include, oil cooler, intercooler, and of course, bigger blower Big Grin well, mildly bigger for now, been having naughtier thoughts, but need more research first lol

Thanks given by:
First time ive seen a turbo and bosch on a nad loool well done!!!
Thanks given by:
Got to love this!

I guess it wont be making it to FCS?
Thanks given by:
Can't see a few of the pics either dude.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
nope, even im not making it to fcs Sad

balls, must be dropbox, ill fix it tomorrow, too much cba right now

Thanks given by:
Sucks you're not coming dude, doesn't look like i'll be coming up your way in August either now. Sad You back down in September?

You beached bru?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Will you ever get serious and go decomp and bigger turbo or you just sticking with what you got? Be interesting to see what it can do.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
awwwhhh maannnnn thats mega gay Sad should be back in september tho

and nah, i wish i beached bru, im just wrecked!

(20-07-2013, 09:48 PM)Ricky Wrote: Will you ever get serious and go decomp and bigger turbo or you just sticking with what you got? Be interesting to see what it can do.

yeah i will, plan will be to get another engine and properly build it up and push it to see what can be done, but atm im skint, so im just doing basic stuff and trying to not push it to hard till i can really afford to proper r&d i want to

Thanks given by:
Sweet dude, and at least it'll be fun taking landys to bits in the meantime. Big Grin

Hahah same, bedtime me thinks.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
yes, and oh hell yes!

Thanks given by:
Awesome to see this up dude, one of the most inspirational cars on this forum, I love your stinky battered leaky red NAD.
Thanks given by:
Truly epic! That's all I got to say lol apart from sort the broken pics out wanna see them Wink

Thanks given by:
you mised out dash mounted jesus on the spec list. very important component of the gonad haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
great to see a project thread Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Samass loving the nad mate seen it a couple of times and it looks epic

Oh and theres a red nad by mine paints shitty with no tax or test £150
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
f*cking awesome, love the whole "lets see what happens" aspect!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
For those that havent seen this car, it really is truely epic! It just will not die no matter how much shit is thrown at it. Reminds me why i loved my old 106 again! (considering getting rid of the 6 for one as you cant have nice things without people trashing them Sad )

Ill find the video of the beam later but it was well and truely f*cked lol. Will also find the few vids i have of first start with boost Big Grin
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Still can't beat PPC.
'Last time I saw this, it wasn't boosted'

Epic car! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
how far you going to go with the car? Ie are you going go full hog track car it etc
car with that power is a right hoot! my rover is!
Thanks given by:
Been waiting for a build thread for this Big Grin
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
First start

http://youtu.be/Da0NUcxSxY8

Broken down

Sam happy with his break down

And engine bay rust protecting its self
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Truly amazing...! Vids look good, shame you're not doing FCS...! Sad
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2013, 10:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Awesome to see this up dude, one of the most inspirational cars on this forum, I love your stinky battered leaky red NAD.

really?? cheers man!!

(20-07-2013, 10:30 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Truly epic! That's all I got to say lol apart from sort the broken pics out wanna see them Wink

thanks, i'll wok on the broken pics in a sec Smile

(21-07-2013, 01:24 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: you mised out dash mounted jesus on the spec list. very important component of the gonad haha

ah yes, probably the main reason she still going! Rofl

(21-07-2013, 04:50 AM)Piggy Wrote: great to see a project thread Smile

thanks, enjoy it Smile

(21-07-2013, 06:28 AM)td_dan Wrote: Samass loving the nad mate seen it a couple of times and it looks epic

Oh and theres a red nad by mine paints shitty with no tax or test £150

cheers for that dude, and cheers again for your help getting her thru the mot, couldn't have done it without you!

oh nice, could you pm me some details? might be an option

(21-07-2013, 09:01 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: f*cking awesome, love the whole "lets see what happens" aspect!

haha thanks buddy, that's pretty much been the whole idea of it!

(21-07-2013, 09:32 AM)Niall Wrote: For those that havent seen this car, it really is truely epic! It just will not die no matter how much shit is thrown at it. Reminds me why i loved my old 106 again! (considering getting rid of the 6 for one as you cant have nice things without people trashing them Sad )

Ill find the video of the beam later but it was well and truely f*cked lol. Will also find the few vids i have of first start with boost Big Grin

true that man, it'll be a shame if its the bloody filter insert that means the death of this engine!!

I found some of those early videos, this is how she sounded on idle:

and then the first drive on my private test track...

(21-07-2013, 09:48 AM)Carlos182 Wrote: Still can't beat PPC.
'Last time I saw this, it wasn't boosted'

Epic car! Big Grin

haha thanks man, it almost seems like it happened overnight!

(21-07-2013, 01:19 PM)procta Wrote: how far you going to go with the car? Ie are you going go full hog track car it etc
car with that power is a right hoot! my rover is!

that's the eventual plan, want to fully strip and cage it, buckets, pedal boxes, fancy brake valves, nice suspension, alllll that jazz, all the while working and developing the engine, i think i need to win the lottery! lol

it's a right blast to drive now with the power, so responsive with the turbo too, power is almost instant, handling leaves a bit to be desired tho...

(21-07-2013, 01:32 PM)sam Wrote: Been waiting for a build thread for this Big Grin

lol it seems a fair few people have been!

Nice one Niall, forgot about those other pics!!

(21-07-2013, 03:43 PM)Alee83 Wrote: Truly amazing...! Vids look good, shame you're not doing FCS...! Sad

I know man, it sucks major aids Sad

Thanks given by:
you going to fmic this?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah man, got pretty much all the bit think, probably just need some more clamps. Gunna get her running again first tho lol

Okay so tried to fix the images, has it worked?

Thanks given by:
(21-07-2013, 05:01 PM)samass Wrote: Okay so tried to fix the images, has it worked?
All working for me now babe x
Thanks given by: