• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The NAD
This is f*cking awesome!

I want one...
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Seriously, hows it running just now dude? I can not believe how much shit that engine is taking and just getting on with it, it's like the knight from Monty Python!

'tis but a scratch!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 12:17 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Seriously, hows it running just now dude? I can not believe how much shit that engine is taking and just getting on with it, it's like the knight from Monty Python!

'tis but a scratch!

[Image: 35124691.jpg]
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Well, they say a (movng) picture speaks a thousand words, so I'll get a little video of how it's running atm....
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Did some more stuff, riveted on a gti spoiler and fitted a gti beam with brand new calipers and new solid brake pipes, standard height Sucks balls.
Oh and ts cambered to f*ck on the right. Joy.

Massive props to Pellowe and Xav for helping out and for a quality weekend too <3

Thanks given by:
so you put a new axle on and its fooked?? thats shit that mate....

P.s i will have that water temp gauge when ever its ready just drop me a text

Thanks given by:
shame about the beam.

but rivets?!....easy, you are starting to do jobs that will make things last...thats a bit unusual init? lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah bit wank about the beam, but hey ho, was cheap so I'm not fussing too much. Dampers are also shagged, bouncy as fook. Just an excuse for ghas really....

Cool man, I'll let you know

lol piggy you penis! Rivets were the easiest way, none of this f*cking about with tiger seal and all that nonsense

Thanks given by:
You could always use the beam for spares as I believe they havew 19mm TB and 24mm ARB. Had a 24mm ARB on the 205 once and it was solid on turn in
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2013, 10:21 AM)strictly_derv Wrote: You could always use the beam for spares as I believe they havew 19mm TB and 24mm ARB. Had a 24mm ARB on the 205 once and it was solid on turn in

You're right mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah I could do, but a, I left my old beam in Airdrie, and b, the gti beam has different specs, wider track, more camber (LOL) etc. And discs.

Thanks given by:
I really want to know why you were drilling holes in the roof? lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
To rivet the spoiler on, obviously! Linzi came out saying her mum was asking what the f*ck I was doing posing for photos on the roof of my car lol

Thanks given by:
Is it bad I like this more without it being silly slammed?

I'm getting old...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Yu are old Ruan. But is probably just cuz it's not silly slammed at the back and almost standard at the front...

Anyhoo, quick idle video, this is after I got home from work...

Thanks given by:
holy crap that sounds ruff!!

are there any crank bearings left?!?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Probably not, but ah well

Thanks given by:
By god man, how the hell is that still alive?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Boost.

Swear down, it barely runs as a nad now

Thanks given by:
God damn that sounds poorly, still pulling well?
Thanks given by:
Lol epic! There's me worrying about killing mine think it's got a long way to go till I get any were near killing it lol

Thanks given by:
(16-09-2013, 09:31 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: God damn that sounds poorly, still pulling well?

Nope, there's f*ck all past the midrange now, and she's smokey as f*ck. And not ousting past 15psi. I'm hoping it's the fuel filter cuz I haven't changed it in ages, but I'm pretty sure the turbo is on its way out. Hey ho, bigger and better Big Grin

Chris, it's like I said man, the engine is tough as f*ck!

Thanks given by:
clearly not by the sound of that video and all the symptoms!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 07:18 AM)Piggy Wrote: clearly not by the sound of that video and all the symptoms!

You have to look at the amount of abuse he's give it though, dumping it's oil out everywhere, blowing the head and just torqueing it down, not to mention strapping a blower on an NA engine, and it's still running!

You looking for a new engine Sam? I think the 1.4 has lower compression, might be better to boost...
Thanks given by:
Yeah but as Liam said, the shit I've given it, and it still gets me to and from work every day, sure it sounds like shit and is a bit down on power, but ts still going, over 4500 miles some I did it, when everyone was expecting it to die within 30 miles.

Nah, lime, sticking with the 1.5,the 1.4s are wet liners and really prone to hg failure

Thanks given by:
Let me know next time you're doing anything mental to this. I need to see it in person! lol
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I was sceptical that it was going to last the test drive when we fitted that turbo (almost 9 months ago npw!) And I'm shocked it's still going. That engine is properly bullet proof!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Epic weekend was epic lol Xav's still having Vietnam flashbacks from Saturday night!

The rivets were a truly inspired moment.

"Got any tigerseal?"

"Nope"

"Got any bolts?"

"Nope. Got a shedload of rivets though?"

*eyes widen*

"YES."
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 10:32 AM)me-tm Wrote: Let me know next time you're doing anything mental to this. I need to see it in person! lol

Better hurry up, I'm away down south on Saturday! Might be attempting to front mount it beforehand tho

(17-09-2013, 10:51 AM)Niall Wrote: I was sceptical that it was going to last the test drive when we fitted that turbo (almost 9 months ago npw!) And I'm shocked it's still going. That engine is properly bullet proof!

Exactly! I'm shocked he f*cking thing started when we bolted the turbo on!

(17-09-2013, 11:33 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Epic weekend was epic lol Xav's still having Vietnam flashbacks from Saturday night!

The rivets were a truly inspired moment.

"Got any tigerseal?"

"Nope"

"Got any bolts?"

"Nope. Got a shedload of rivets though?"

*eyes widen*

"YES."

You're never to young for a Vietnam flashback!

And tbf, that's pretty just how things go whenever any of us get together to work on cars... lol

Thanks given by:
Dude if you want a hand with the FMIC let me know.

Were all shocked its still running mind. I think you should be able to fit 1.8TD pistons thatll take the 1.5 to a 1.6 Smile
Thanks given by: