what ya think?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what ya think?
Hey guys, I'm about to take the plunge and purchase a 306 diesel ( DW10 or XUD still unsure) I'm swaying towards the HDI but I wanted to know whether the HDI's insurance is more expensive than the XUD? Also, I've seen a HDI advertised locally that is pushing 161 bhp with proof for 750....too good to be true? Thanks Ej
Thanks given by:
Depends what you want.

Hdi- electrical, remaps big turbos to get decent power
Xud- mechanical, pump tuning and big turbos

Imo, hdi is easy, stick a remap on and that can take you up a few bhp.
Xud, turn a few screws and you have more power.

Both have pros and cons, after driving/being in both, I'd prefer a stage 1 xud Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 01:15 PM)ejs-1995 Wrote: Hey guys, I'm about to take the plunge and purchase a 306 diesel ( DW10 or XUD still unsure) I'm swaying towards the HDI but I wanted to know whether the HDI's insurance is more expensive than the XUD? Also, I've seen a HDI advertised locally that is pushing 161 bhp with proof for 750....too good to be true? Thanks Ej

Hello and welcome to the forum.

As Matt says the HDi vs XUD is a huge argument but boils down to the points above and the HDi gets better, brakes suspension and interior.

Personally Im more of a HDi fan.

The insurance should be about the same as they were both in old group 5

Any chance of the link to that advert, would be interesting to see the car. the power level is possible with relatively simple mods (ive had a few at that level) but watch out for people getting dyno graphs off the internet and claiming thay are their own (check date, name, location and registration number on the graph)

All you need to take the hdi to 160bhp is an intercooler and a remap then a clutch to handle the power.
Thanks given by:
Might want to get some insurance quotes for a modified HDi at that level before considering it, could be difficult for you to get cover at your age.

I've had both and prefer the HDi.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor...1025687465

Hey guys what's your opinion on this ride? Would this still return tidy mpg is driven like a grandad?
Thanks given by:
Nope, amg nozzles are completely wrong for these engines.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just lol, i have no doubt he's spent thousands but that's just good stage 2 power with no torque figure.....
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
and its only getting 161? thats poor with bigger injectors and pump it should be more like 180 i think,
Thanks given by:
Do you think I could turn it into a 180 bhp animal? Would it take much? I really wanna buy it!!!!
Thanks given by:
I would of thought that should be running a lot more power than that, you can get that on a full fat ph2 lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
What was wrong with the other thread you had about a 161bhp hdi?

I'm gonna merge this thread with the other one.

Anyway if its £600 with all those mods it'll be a bag of shit with a dodgy MOT (it wouldn't of passed with the ABS light on otherwise)

Also to only run 161bhp with those mods I wonder either a) who mapped it or b) what else is wrong with it because if it was all done right and mapped properly it would be an easy 200bhp

IMO if your considering buying it you need to take someone with you who knows alot about tuned HDi's

Also with the sellers obvious stupidity (his terrible use of English) it makes me trust his work even less.
Thanks given by:
Honestly mate, looks like a complete shed that's been built on the basis of other people's out-of-date research. Only worth the money if you were buying to break it imo, the potential for problems there is massive.

No offence, but if you've got to ask if you'd be able to turn it into a "180bhp" animal, then the answer is always going to be no.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I remember this car. I can vouch that the engine was built from ground up (well, the one that was in the car not sure if its still on the same one now) and did run well (unsure of power bhp specs) but that was a couple years ago and looks like its changed owners a few times (seen it on gumtree before) so I would say its had a hard life as the person I knew had it looked after it well along with the bodywork.
Thanks given by:
Would it not be good to break for parts though? even if it is a shed
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by: