Best place to

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best place to
Wheres the best cheapest place to get a valeo clutch from and im guessing a valeo bearing will be best too?

Or is there anything else better than valeo for the same price?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
In some cases, Peugeot. They can do trade scheme where you buy a 'refurb' which is often a new unit, then bring back your old clutch and get part of the money back. Give them a call. I seem to remember Curt did it with his 6 and paid something like half the discounted cost from ECP.
Thanks given by:
Yeah pug them selfs will do a brand new clutch for less than £100 for a gti. Its a brand new bearing, pressure plate and a re lined plate and all genuine valeo so cant go wrong at all!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 04:40 PM)Niall Wrote: Yeah pug them selfs will do a brand new clutch for less than £100 for a gti. Its a brand new bearing, pressure plate and a re lined plate and all genuine valeo so cant go wrong at all!

But being in the hdi section do you not think I may want a hdi one ! Tongue

Thanks given by:
Being Peugeot do you not think they sell clutches other than the GTi one? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 04:49 PM)Scott Wrote: Being Peugeot do you not think they sell clutches other than the GTi one? Big Grin

No Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Well I guess you're f*cked then!
Thanks given by:
Excuse me scott id prefer if you didn't use language on the forum, It gives a bad image and and can be seen a threatening to newer members, and here at 306OC we like purvey good image and a welcoming community.

Thank you for your understanding

Thanks given by:
Last time i liiked a DT valeo was £300 from pug. Think the cheapest that i trusted was ECP with club discount.
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 04:56 PM)puglove Wrote: Excuse me scott id prefer if you didn't use language on the forum, It gives a bad image and and can be seen a threatening to newer members, and here at 306OC we like purvey good image and a welcoming community.

Thank you for your understanding
Hey! I'm not a perv...oh wait. You said purvey. I think you mean portray, but I'll let you off Tongue
Thanks given by:
hey its wrong to take the piss out of the dyslexic people you know!!!

But yes that is what I ment so if you could bare it in mind in future , thanks

Tongue

Thanks given by:
<3

Free bump
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 04:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Last time i liiked a DT valeo was £300 from pug. Think the cheapest that i trusted was ECP with club discount.

Is that the luk one chris? as I cant find a valeo on epc

Thanks given by:
I know not all like ebay, but I have got valeo ones off ebay before for 20/30% less than what my motor factors trade price was
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
3 on the bay all £180 something not sure if that's good / average or bad

Thanks given by:
seems expensive to me. what is ECP like with the 25% off?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Code currently doesn't work

Thanks given by:
give it till after the weekend and see
Thanks given by:
Soo plan is to put a limited S2 on it, Danny has been running the map that I will hopfuly been using on a new valeo with no issue..................... so will the "luk" be as good as the valeo and handle the limited S2

seems cheap no? https://www.aepdirect.com/basket

Thanks given by:
That link just takes you to the website dude. Evidence suggests that LUK and valeo use identical components and may possibly be the same company lol, so on the assumption a new valeo clutch would hold the torque, i'd say yes. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Swear my valeo clutch plate had 'LUK' printed on it as well.. J, a standard valeo will be fine on a limited torque map, I've been running full fat for well over a year now!

Last time i checked you could get a valeo/luk new from ECP for just under £100 with discount, try using HOT30 for 30% off at the mo!

EDIT: for some reason it won't allow me to use that code although they're only £105 retail atm
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mehh my luk held 40 psi over 180 Bhp and over 250 lb ft of torque ill stick with them
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I take it pug weren't so cheap?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
carparts4less has a luk clutch for 80. they have 2 types showing. which would be right for a 2001 hdi?
Thanks given by:
If you want to go stage 2 just do it properly and drop in a dt/gti setup with a 4 paddle unsprung friction plate.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How much is that setup likely to cost all in Chris? just as a way of comparison to a valeo
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If your going paddle I wouldn't bother converting to the GTi/DT set up as you end up loosing the timing hole off the fly wheel for doing the cam belt/locking the engine off.

Either go standard Valeo (cheapest from ECP IIRC) and accept that you'll have to run a limited torque map or pay out for a paddle clutch and enjoy the real power.
Thanks given by:
As above, if nothing else no-one has proved the dt set up holds any more torque. Sure it should do theoretically, but in general there's a big old gap between theory and reality.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
For a dt/GTi setup you're looking at 250ish.
GTi flywheel £20
Pull clutch fork and bracket £20-30
Standard valeo dt/GTi clutch. On eBay for sub £45 if you know what your looking for. And take just the pressure plate from this.
Cg friction plate £135

Or the whole cg setup which is around £220.

Holds the power fine and is still useable daily. Tbh. Do the belt before you change the flywheel and by the time your due to do it again ill guarantee the clutch will need doing again. So just pop the hdi flywheel back on.

Although has anyone tried a 4 paddle unsprung friction plate with a standard hdi cover plate yet?
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I got my LUK clutch for £70 from Carparts4less incl. delivery. Fitted by C2K on this forum with me to help slow him down!

With regards to there being 2 different part numbers for seemingly the same clutch, I just picked the higher number, assuming that this is probably the superceding part.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by: