Best place to

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best place to
(18-07-2013, 04:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Last time i liiked a DT valeo was £300 from pug. Think the cheapest that i trusted was ECP with club discount.

how much !!!! KrisB got my Valeo sub £100
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2013, 06:53 AM)Chris Wrote: For a dt/GTi setup you're looking at 250ish.
GTi flywheel £20
Pull clutch fork and bracket £20-30
Standard valeo dt/GTi clutch. On eBay for sub £45 if you know what your looking for. And take just the pressure plate from this.
Cg friction plate £135

Or the whole cg setup which is around £220.
You also forgot the different clutch cable for the GTi/DT set up which is about £30

Right so lets look at this properly:
The whole CG set up is £220 weather its for the DT or HDi and both will hold the power fine.
Nobody is going to trust a £45 clutch off ebay so everyone will get the full CG kit.
Thus £220 for the HDi set up or £300 for the DT/GTi set up and the inability to time your car up properly.

The DT conversion was a nice idea for cheapness when people thought it would hold the power with just a Valeo clutch and so was a cheap option that would retain OEM feel but now having proved that it wont hold the power its dead in the water IMO

(13-09-2013, 11:19 AM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(18-07-2013, 04:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Last time i liiked a DT valeo was £300 from pug. Think the cheapest that i trusted was ECP with club discount.

how much !!!! KrisB got my Valeo sub £100

Yep thats what I paid for my last Valeo too (sub £100) but the price I said was what is listed on service box.
Thanks given by:
I'd like to point out our stock valeo is still holding max torque, nearly 2 years on.. Tongue
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This is what makes me think twice about spending the money on an upgrade when most I'd want is stage 2
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2013, 01:26 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: I'd like to point out our stock valeo is still holding max torque, nearly 2 years on.. Tongue

DT Valeo or HDi Valeo?
Thanks given by:
Ahh get you Chris Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
HDi valeo chris, It'd done about between 1000-5000 miles before we put it on the car too
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2013, 01:26 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: I'd like to point out our stock valeo is still holding max torque, nearly 2 years on.. Tongue

Your one lucky Git! Tongue I think as mine now slips if you let it wind boost up between the 2000-2400 area where it pulls like a boss Im going to order one of those sachs berlingo kits and hope she holds without being a tool and 2nd gear launches and 5th gear up big hill with boot full of stuff and give what tb205gti did.

Quoted from him
put a spacer between the springs and the plate, this uprates the pressure force it is made with a ~10mm thick steel ring When it is able to hold 400Nm at 2100 rpm, then I see no point in having paddle clutches, clutches without dampening etc. This one just works like a std. clutch..

As 400nm is about 295lbs ft im sure thats more than any stage 2 hdi is throwing out without extensive work done.
Thanks given by: