HDi Dyno Results BIBLE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi Dyno Results BIBLE
(20-09-2015, 06:32 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: So is jammapic the one to beat still? seems like this doesn't have as many results on as the  XUD rr bible.

The car he briefly owned had the highest estimated flywheel horsepower figure which has been posted in this thread so far, yes.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Official now,

173.9bhp,  235ft/lb,  

Stage 2.5/3  pro Steve map, 

Standard rail sensor,  standard pump, IHI RHF5 1a turbo, GRS motorsport intercooler setup with S2000 filter.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Impressive bhp result Toseland, why such low torque though? Torque limited remap for clutch?
Thanks given by:
That curve...  Inlove Well chuffed with that, will have to make some more of those. She still tip top Toseland?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Whats the next step toseland? R70/frps/clutch?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
306oc generic response: Poor power, horrible curve, why so low

My response: Nice curve dude some real potential here glad to see its all going ok still.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Great result on that toseland! Especially given on stock pump ..etc

Lets see some more big power hdi builds Smile
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2015, 08:11 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: 306oc generic response: Poor power, horrible curve, why so low

My response: Nice curve dude some real potential here glad to see its all going ok still.

No one said it was a bad curve or poor power!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2015, 09:03 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(27-11-2015, 08:11 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: 306oc generic response: Poor power, horrible curve, why so low

No one said it was a bad curve or poor power!?

Just what the normal response is man to everyone's results. Didnt mean anyone said it. Was meant to be a joke. Hard to portray via forum lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Haha well I'll save the trolling for facebook, it's not mega power but as said that curve is very nice indeed, looks very lag free Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
All facebook trolling aside I take it that's a limited torque map to save your clutch?
Thanks given by:
I would hope so haha, the clutch slips as is and looking at the stage2 maps I would be expecting 300ft/lb with a proper map.

I have a paddleclutch and stronger spring plate to go in at home already..

Next steps..  1800 bar rail, r70 pump, possibly ARP and then 32psi.. 

Just having the r70 and 1800bar sensor will allow a lot more finesse with the map, at the moment it's still a little sledgehammerish and unrefined despite that curve... 

Soon as the clutch goes in I'll be having another chat with pro Steve.. he will need to redo the map for the 1800bar sensor anyhow 

Then replace the springs and sort the lifters out.. 

This is a starting point.. watch this space.

(27-11-2015, 06:11 AM)Poodle Wrote: That curve...  Inlove Well chuffed with that, will have to make some more of those. She still tip top Toseland?

Still running  well,  btter even with that new adaptor..  still need to sort out the power steering pipes haha..
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Good to know. Smile We must take another look at those pipes. Tbh just putting a proper clutch in will give it a whole new lease of life - will allow Steve to really get stuck in. Give us a call later if you want help planning the next round of mods, bang for buck stylee. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I took a look at the map I made you, and it should be good for 180 BHP and a s**t load of torque, I think you're either not boosting right (you want a good 25 PSI), or the fuel pump is maxing out and not getting the fuel in there.

Also, it's possible that the dyno operator isn't putting enough load on it in order to get the turbo to spool up properly at the point where peak torque is set. I did a run at 200% load the other day and it ended up making more power because it got the turbo going properly. Testing on a dyno isn't a great way of simulating the load of the car on the road in my opinion even though they use fourth gear. It's more like flooring it through second and you're through the revs before the turbo is at full boost. Just a thought if you go back there.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2015, 03:34 PM)pro_steve Wrote: I took a look at the map I made you, and it should be good for 180 BHP and a s**t load of torque, I think you're either not boosting right (you want a good 25 PSI), or the fuel pump is maxing out and not getting the fuel in there.

Also, it's possible that the dyno operator isn't putting enough load on it in order to get the turbo to spool up properly at the point where peak torque is set. I did a run at 200% load the other day and it ended up making more power because it got the turbo going properly. Testing on a dyno isn't a great way of simulating the load of the car on the road in my opinion even though they use fourth gear. It's more like flooring it through second and you're through the revs before the turbo is at full boost. Just a thought if you go back there.

Nothing wrong with testing on dyno, but operator just needs to slow down the ramp speed...250-300rpm/sec I find to be a pretty good ramp rate for most blown applications..anything more and as you said, you wont make anything like max torque....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2015, 03:34 PM)pro_steve Wrote: I took a look at the map I made you, and it should be good for 180 BHP and a s**t load of torque, I think you're either not boosting right (you want a good 25 PSI), or the fuel pump is maxing out and not getting the fuel in there.

according to the gauge its sitting at a solid 24psi.  it pins at max boost until i hit the redline so it could be either tbh..  possibly the dyno then... 

i am thinking however it might be the pump because unless i am missing something that i dont know about i have a standard clutch in there and 300ft/lb should shred the clutch to pieces..

worth investigationg either way
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Stage 1 - no other mods, 121.1bhp/210lb ft (RS Tuning Leeds 19/3/2016)
Thanks given by:
Had mine done on a dyno today. Was proud of it. Not sure how accurate really.

HP - 135hp
@wheels - 108hp
Torque - 240 lb/ft

Mods - Stage 1+ (pro-steve / HDI Tuning) 2.5" Turbo back exhaust nothing else really.
[Image: maaw69.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hello everybody.. This are my nowadays specs: 

125BHP, 206 lb/ft - Power Inyeccion map, turbo boosted, de EGR, de CAT - "Power Inyeccion Dyno" (Córdoba, Argentina) - markos_7772
Thanks given by: Poodle
Hi just wondering what sort of power i will be hit with current mods and best place to go for a remap not to far from Yeovil, somerset?
FMIC,
1800bar fuel pressure sensor,
R70 fuel pump,
gt1546s hybrided,
2.5" straight through exhaust,
And a few other bits.
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2018, 11:28 AM)Jas98 Wrote: Hi just wondering what sort of power i will be hit with current mods and best place to go for a remap not to far from Yeovil, somerset?
FMIC,
R70 fuel pump,
gt1546s hybrided,
And a few other bits.

Nice Stage 3 spec you have there, I would go with one of the forum tuners that are still active, pretty sure that is only Pro-Steve (HDI Tuning) currently. What is the GT15 hybridised with? Do you have a fancy clutch to go full torque? and what are the other bits? All information that would give us a better idea Smile
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2018, 02:02 PM)MY95 Wrote:
(17-03-2018, 11:28 AM)Jas98 Wrote: Hi just wondering what sort of power i will be hit with current mods and best place to go for a remap not to far from Yeovil, somerset?
FMIC,
R70 fuel pump,
gt1546s hybrided,
And a few other bits.

Nice Stage 3 spec you have there, I would go with one of the forum tuners that are still active, pretty sure that is only Pro-Steve (HDI Tuning) currently. What is the GT15 hybridised with? Do you have a fancy clutch to go full torque? and what are the other bits? All information that would give us a better idea Smile
Thank you for replying so quickly.
I will have to find out about the turbo where I got it done to I belive it's with gt17 but will check.
Dual friction clutch fitted,
Manual boost controller,
Oil cooler,
Cold air intake
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2018, 03:42 PM)Jas98 Wrote:
FMIC,
R70 fuel pump,
gt1546s hybrided,
And a few other bits.

I will have to find out about the turbo where I got it done to I belive it's with gt17 but will check.
Manual boost controller,
Oil cooler,
Cold air intake

I can highly recommend Pro-Steve (HDI-Tuning) He did a fantastic job with my 306 HDI on a Stage 1+ map. Felt like a new car after and still amazingly good MPG!

Have you got a picture of your cold air intake? Is it actually sucking cold air or just a free flowing kit? Most people that know what they are on about on here will probably suggest that the stock box is better unless you have a really good supply of fresh cold air for your new setup.
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2018, 03:42 PM)Jas98 Wrote:
FMIC,
R70 fuel pump,
gt1546s hybrided,
And a few other bits.

Manual boost controller,
Oil cooler,
Cold air intake

No worries, great stuff! As said, what sort of intake is it? Most can suck in more hot air than the standard setups. Pro-Steve as said is the tuner to go for, i'm sure 170bhp+ is perfectly doable with your setup. What sort of map are you running currently and how many miles are on your engine?
Thanks given by:
Only running about 130/140bhp haven't had it dyno yet engines only on 76k
Thanks given by:
I see your a fairly local member to me, im near honiton. As matt has said should be good with that spec for north of 170 once you get it mapped properly.
Thanks given by:
Can we get this cleaned up?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Seeing as the 1800bar fuel rail pressure sensor didn't work on the day 165.9bhp and 268lbft wasnt to bad just a few bits to adjust and get the go back for more.

Thanks given by: JTaylor2005
(05-04-2018, 09:38 PM)Jas98 Wrote: Seeing as the 1800bar fuel rail pressure sensor didn't work on the day 165.9bhp and 268lbft wasnt to bad just a few bits to adjust and get the go back for more.

What modifications are you running on that? Then someone can add it to the first post with the mods attached Smile
Thanks given by:
165.9bhp/ 268ftlb 

With these modifications;
FMIC,
R70 fuel pump,
gt1546s hybrided with Gt17
Manual boost controller,
Oil cooler,
Cold air intake
Thanks given by: