HDi Dyno Results BIBLE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi Dyno Results BIBLE
Cheers dum-dum hoping to get her mapped etc wanting to get atleast 150bhp out her by summer next year
Thanks given by:
anyone got any solid info to reching 200bhp including a mapper

Thanks given by:
Think I could have done it on the 1752 hybrid to be honest if I'd had a bit more time with the car.

Basically, decent turbo, decent fuel pumps, clutch, and mapping to fuel high up.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Realistically any of the well known mappers could do it for you if you have the right bits.
Thanks given by:
You just need to get them to push the fuel higher up
JP
Thanks given by:
Right bits being the operative word Dum Dum!

Right bits also covering bits that are not only the right bits technically, but also in good working condition to help a 10yr old HDi engine to make near double the intended standard torque output hehe Big Grin

My 2p would be that a turbo upgrade and FMIC classes as stage 3 really.

Stage 3 = FMIC + turbo upgrade?

Ancillaries like exhausts, rail sensors, HP pumps, camshafts etc should all be used to match against these basic fundamental mods in my view. You use whatever is appropriate for both your tastes and characteristics of your engine output (kinda determined by the turbo you choose too)

Did you get a wheels output from that dyno you had on the Dynojet James?

It'd be very interesting to see a dyno dynamics readout with the ramp rate set really low. I bet in practice you can make that torque even lower down if the turbo is given chance to spool up nicely.

If ever you wanted a longer final drive, that output is when you want it Big Grin

Dave
Thanks given by:
163.8bhp, 278 lbft - Jammapic Stage 2 map, FMIC, de-egr, boost controller, straight exhaust, cg 5 paddle clutch, aps lift pump, r70 ' Autotune Ballymena
Thanks given by:
Would be good here to get @ wheels and @ flywheel figures if we can, or encourage people to get them from their dyno place.

Looking at the losses vs peak powers can give some interesting numbers too.

Also generally it's safer to compare @ wheels, and then correct for flywheel using a consistent method. Given all 306 HDi's run the same drive-train there isn't really any reason why that isn't a viable tool for comparisons either.

Coast-down corrections are fraught with accuracy issues really.

Cheers

Dave
Thanks given by:
Are these figures at the flywheel or at the wheels?
Thanks given by:
At the flywheel, my ATW figure was 138hp.
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2014, 05:36 PM)Mr Whippy Wrote: Would be good here to get @ wheels and @ flywheel figures if we can, or encourage people to get them from their dyno place.

Looking at the losses vs peak powers can give some interesting numbers too.

Also generally it's safer to compare @ wheels, and then correct for flywheel using a consistent method. Given all 306 HDi's run the same drive-train there isn't really any reason why that isn't a viable tool for comparisons either.

Coast-down corrections are fraught with accuracy issues really.

Cheers

Dave

i agree the guy at dyno-daze told me dyno-dynamics dynos offered the option to manually adapt the drag value and insisted flywheel power wasnt worth even giving me..... so he didnt. my original stage one did 117 at the wheels and 234ft-lb from dyno-daze hinkley on a vtech dyno. at the time just a boost controller and 60mm straight through was fitted.no idea where i was mapped i bought the car like it.
just had a stage two remap with fmic, de-egr courtesy of JP so il be returning to dyno-daze to check what my gains are. iv got an r70 pump too but not sure whether il have that fitted in time.
if you can post up my stage one dum dum and il post up my stage two when i get it.

JJ
Thanks given by:
Here's mine 152bhp 280ftlb
At Surrey Rolling Road
Mapped by hdi tuning
Now I want more!
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2014, 10:48 PM)iigodiix Wrote: Here's mine 152bhp 280ftlb
At Surrey Rolling Road
Mapped by hdi tuning
Now I want more!

Was that on my 150 map?
If so that's nice and close to my maths, always satisfying. Why don't you get the 1800 bar sensor in, and possibly pump (depending on mileage of your current one) and push her up to 160? More power is always fun Smile

Nice realistic dyno figure there!
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2014, 08:49 PM)pro_steve Wrote:
(20-03-2014, 10:48 PM)iigodiix Wrote: Here's mine 152bhp 280ftlb
At Surrey Rolling Road
Mapped by hdi tuning
Now I want more!

Was that on my 150 map?
If so that's nice and close to my maths, always satisfying. Why don't you get the 1800 bar sensor in, and possibly pump (depending on mileage of your current one) and push her up to 160? More power is always fun Smile

Nice realistic dyno figure there!

Yes it was mate it was a pal of Mines might recognise it lol
And I want a bigger turbo then fuel rail
Thanks given by:
Yeah I saw the post on facebook too now so figured it all out.

Bigger turbo is always good fun, just don't go too big otherwise you have no use-able rev range, you need to get a nice balance between drive ability and power.
VNT is the ultimate way forward, I'm confident I would be able to set that up electronically now so at some point I will get one done, just need to find the time.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I've mapped a couple with VNT on now and they drive so so well.

I remember when you were trying to get Chris' working and it kept going into limp and over boosting really badly... Even in that state I could see the potential!!

I love it when you do the calcs, then run a car and it's within a few hp and few tqs either way.

The other day on the dyno I showed my maths for Ash's 174hp and 301lbft stage 2 hdi and then we ran it. It was 3hp out!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
We never had over boost on that one because at that stage we were trying to set it up to run mechanically, I realise now though that it will never work properly like that and there's only one way with VNT control and that's full PID control. The injectors were another difficulty thrown on top, I like to add in one modification at a time to get it perfect before the next thing. What ever happened to that car and all the good bits he put on it? Didn't it throw a rod or something like that eventually?
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
It was overboosting like mad! I can't remember the ins and outs of it (you'll probably remember what you did in the mapping) but when Chris was trying your electronic control maps it was pegging a 30psi gauge. We later found it was making near 50psi!!!

Yeah, it was making the thick end of 230hp really nicely when it eventually threw a rod.

Chris thinks it only blew up due to the 50psi it was running when the VNT control wasn't right. Unfortunately, the damage had been done. Shame, because that 230hp was being made at only 28psi when the VNT was running full PID control and it was great!

C'est la vie eh?!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
When and where did this take place? are they regional?
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2014, 10:25 PM)pro_steve Wrote: Yeah I saw the post on facebook too now so figured it all out.

Bigger turbo is always good fun, just don't go too big otherwise you have no use-able rev range, you need to get a nice balance between drive ability and power.
VNT is the ultimate way forward, I'm confident I would be able to set that up electronically now so at some point I will get one done, just need to find the time.

I was thinking of a gt17 and 1800bar fuel rail and maybe travel up to you for a map? Is this possible?

If I find double the standard bhp (90bhp to180bhp) I'd be over the moon
Thanks given by:
179. 308. ko3s, longlife exhaust, r70 pump, 1800 sensor, pipercross filter, single pass intercooler, pro_steve mapping. Saxon motorsport. Slam wagon
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice mate, serious torque! Whenever you're ready with that print-out. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(19-10-2014, 03:04 PM)Poodle Wrote: Nice mate, serious torque! Whenever you're ready with that print-out. Big Grin

[attachment=19730]

Cuts off so early because ive got a problem with the wastegate atm, flutters and wont pull anymore unless you let off and rev match from 4-5k
Thanks given by:
Are you sure its not the valve lifters? :p I've had exactly the same thing if the EMPs are too high...
JP
Thanks given by:
Sounds just like the wastegate fluttering. Best way to check the lifters? Or improve them?
Thanks given by:
Had this issue on mine when my boost controller got stuck. Worth putting the boost down/checking it and seeing if it goes away.

As James says, its most likely too much emp holding the exhaust valves shut.
Thanks given by:
Some good figures here, I'd be interested to get mine on a rolling road and see what it makes with Pro-Steves Stage two Map, I have a mid sized single pass Intercooler, no Cat and EGR blank/delete @jammapic the links in your Sig are dead?

Cheers

Tris
Thanks given by:
So is jammapic the one to beat still? seems like this doesn't have as many results on as the XUD rr bible.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2015, 06:32 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: So is jammapic the one to beat still? seems like this doesn't have as many results on as the  XUD rr bible.

Whats your plans turbo wise? I need to put my result up really
Thanks given by:
Gt2052s for now as I have one left from my dead 2.1
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Dyno Results JTaylor2005 4 1,635 02-04-2016, 01:32 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  HDI rolling road results the milkman 14 5,445 20-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Last Post: pugbug