whats ya age

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats ya age
In fairness; a lot of indsutries do require experience over qualifications; i had 2 management roles within the space of 2/3 years prior to my education. Both in different industries. I'm not like those people that feel university is a waste at all, nor am i one to side with the fact that experience is everything. All go hand in hand. <-- *cough* Niall *cough*
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Jack - 19
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2013, 11:40 AM)ginge191 Wrote: In fairness; a lot of indsutries do require experience over qualifications; i had 2 management roles within the space of 2/3 years prior to my education. Both in different industries. I'm not like those people that feel university is a waste at all, nor am i one to side with the fact that experience is everything. All go hand in hand. <-- *cough* Niall *cough*

I don't feel it's always a waste. There are industries where it's essential before getting a job (don't get on the job trainee surgeons do you? :p) but the ones I find silly are people who go and study something very broad and common with no intention of entering that industry. They just do it because they know that if they can say they have a degree in something, it may help them where in reality it dpesnt normally. All of my friends but one went to uni and only one has done well for her self. The others, if they even have jobs are doing things like working in shops because they had no experience at all in the working environment when they left uni. Hence why I think apprenticeships are great. It's the best of both worlds. You still get a recognised qualification but you also know how the working world works.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2013, 09:48 AM)ginge191 Wrote:
(30-06-2013, 02:34 PM)306Puggy Wrote: I had no car at 17 because I didn't have a job and only had EMA which is £30 pounds per week! You guys were so lucky to get jobs at that age with no experience.

/facepalm.

Most people i know were working for cash in hand since the age of 14/15, let alone 17..

I worked my ass off to afford a car to move schools for my education. Luck is nothing. I also was entitled to "EMA"; a pointless incentive by the government to keep youth in education to reduce NEETS across the country.

A lot of jobs require little experience; i'm sure most people know how to scrub pots and pans for minimum wage. The truth is that 'most' people start here for experience and reputability. ThumbsUp

Then they are LUCKY. Very LUCKY. I am not a LUCKY person, you should know that from my posts. Anyway my mother would have been too controlling to let me work at that young age, she would probably have had my employer arrested. I don't have any family connections whatsoever. I am a lone wolf without a wolf pack.
Thanks given by:
Anyway this thread is vastly off topic again and yet again we have another thread decending into the pro/con university argument that we never get to the bottom of.

If you all want to have that discussion then start it in a seperate thread.
Thanks given by:
Heh, I was not discussing the pros/cons of university Dum-Dum. More the vastly different circumstances people find themselves in and how it can affect their financial situation. But yeah, that is why I am where I am at 23 and probably quite bitter about it as well lol
Thanks given by:
17 so the ol' insurers take the piss...
Thanks given by:
even at my age, all insurance companies make out like they are my kidneys..........they all.take the p--s !!
Thanks given by: