Airbag light flashy flashy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airbag light flashy flashy
Started when I started her up after work today, i also noticed that the centre of the steering wheel was slightly bulging, well enough to notice.

It was incredibly hot and being a black car sitting in the sun from 9 - 5 I have a feeling that it could be something to do with the heat? Is that possible?

If not any idea why it would be flashing. Might be fine tomorrow but that's when I will check again.

Cheers
Thanks given by:
I cant help but that sounds f*cking scary!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 06:58 PM)Tom Wrote: I cant help but that sounds f*cking scary!

I was scared it was going to go off and knock me out if I hit a big bump or pothole. Seemed fine though? Confused
Thanks given by:
Its nothing to do with the heat. Air bags have to be safety tested unto 200 degrees so i think your alright there!

Flashing light indicates pre tensioners normally. 9 times out of 10 its the plug under the seat (orange one). Try cutting the plug out and soldering the wires. A solid light is normally a airbag fault.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 07:25 PM)Niall Wrote: Its nothing to do with the heat. Air bags have to be safety tested unto 200 degrees so i think your alright there!

Flashing light indicates pre tensioners normally. 9 times out of 10 its the plug under the seat (orange one). Try cutting the plug out and soldering the wires. A solid light is normally a airbag fault.

Thanks man Ill have a look underneath tomorrow, now you mention that I may have knocked something when I was searching around for my cap for work, felt a few wires lol. Something might have come loose.
Thanks given by:
Oh and just to put your mind at rest, an airbag will not go off at a heat that you will get in a car just sitting in the sun. The small charge that detonates the airbag requires a spark to set it off i believe.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 07:59 PM)Niall Wrote: Oh and just to put your mind at rest, an airbag will not go off at a heat that you will get in a car just sitting in the sun. The small charge that detonates the airbag requires a spark to set it off i believe.

Thanks man.

Turns out it was a loose connection under the seat as I mentioned! All sorted. No more chance to get knocked out by random airbag.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Airbag light on, other lights not coming on TULL3RZ 0 1,139 25-12-2017, 08:13 PM
Last Post: TULL3RZ
  Airbag Light Flashing RetroPug 17 3,734 15-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Last Post: RetroPug
  AIRBAG LIGHT thebluepearl 4 1,685 16-10-2015, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Poodle