Over sensitive throttle at certain rpm + low groan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over sensitive throttle at certain rpm + low groan
Had this little niggle for a while.

I'll try and describe this the best i can; i believe Poodle also experienced this whilst he was passenger the other week. Both fairly stumped.

Firstly, it doesn't affect the driving too much, but does make a kind of vibration noise.

This issue only really happens (id assume) at around 2.5k/2.7krpm - 4krpm or so.

I'll be acceleratiing and suddenly a heavy 'grrrrrrrrrrrrrr' , not really an agressive sound, but a lower tone to the whole engine noise.

In combination with the sound, comes an overly sensitive throttle, i can literally blip the pedal and the car will jump. When "off" the issue, the car obviously won't jump; similar to a petrol at high rpm "jump" if that makes sense.

The issue doen't happen at speed; it's rpm related, so i can be sat still revving and still hear the low noise.

I hope this has been explained the best as possible, if anyone has any ideas, please chuck it in. The car will be at FCS, so if anyone wants to listen and try and diagnose, be my guest!

Just a little curious i guess; it's done it since the car's been running. A good 4/5 weeks now Smile

I can try get a video if anyone would like.

thanks!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
sounds like a dodgy governor?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Could be; the pump hasn't been touched internally...?
Thanks given by:
Does it coal more if you put your foot down when it's being all sensitive?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 12:05 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Does it coal more if you put your foot down when it's being all sensitive?

nope not particularly, it coals about the same amount until on full chat; then clears up, as per with an derv tune ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
weird.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
hmm anyone else have any ideas, anything else to check out?
Thanks given by:
Sure its not just the LDA dropping with boost..
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I know exactly what you mean, mine does it as well, i believe it to be something to do with gov/lda, can show you at fcs if you like Smile
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 03:44 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Sure its not just the LDA dropping with boost..

I don't think so; i've never had this with any DT before.

If i remove the pin and attempt rev, would this rule the problem in/out?

(16-07-2013, 03:49 PM)Mitch Wrote: I know exactly what you mean, mine does it as well, i believe it to be something to do with gov/lda, can show you at fcs if you like Smile

interesting; how long has your's done this now?
any pump mods?
Thanks given by:
Dont take pin out, wind starwheel up a bit, and see if it has any effect.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 03:50 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(16-07-2013, 03:44 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Sure its not just the LDA dropping with boost..

I don't think so; i've never had this with any DT before.

If i remove the pin and attempt rev, would this rule the problem in/out?

(16-07-2013, 03:49 PM)Mitch Wrote: I know exactly what you mean, mine does it as well, i believe it to be something to do with gov/lda, can show you at fcs if you like Smile

interesting; how long has your's done this now?
any pump mods?

Ever since the bosch has been on, around a year, only a ground lda, unsure about gov as it came of a 'tuned' xud previously, but i wouldnt of said anything has been done gov mod wise.. Mine only seems to happen between 3.5k and 4.5k though.
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 03:52 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Dont take pin out, wind starwheel up a bit, and see if it has any effect.

I'll have a tug tomorrow when i'm under the bonnet with swaughan
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 03:52 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Dont take pin out, wind starwheel up a bit, and see if it has any effect.

Going to go and try this now, will let you know results
Thanks given by:
I'll put money on LDA... Mine does this majorly, hence why I removed the spring...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 06:09 PM)Ruan Wrote: I'll put money on LDA... Mine does this majorly, hence why I removed the spring...

Confused

surely that means it stays down all the time?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, just turns it into a NAD pump, ideal really, right foot > LDA all day long
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
LDA causes all sorts of weird timing issues... That's what causes the typical XUD intermittent power... What people always do is wind the star wheel up so it takes a lot to drop it on boost, wind out the smokescrew so there's no fuel off boost, so you then jam your foot down, you've got loads of max fuel so you've got shit loads of tension on the governor against the LDA pin...

So you've got no fuel to drop it, it's sprung so that it can't drop easily and is being pressed so hard sideways from the governor from the pedal requesting shit loads of fuel... Its a wonder it ever drops!!!!

This is the precise reason VEs are a bloody nightmare!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
so basically an improved progressive replacement spring would be better?

Or is foot control the way forward!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Doesn't solve the other issue of the governor pressure. That's what'll almost always PROPERLY jam it...

That's why if you "feed" the throttle in slowly, it'll end up pulling better, mash your foot into it, it'll probably jam out and not work right...

But if you're feeding it in anyway, why not just do it manually anyway, then there's no chance of jamming it... Just more chance of a complete engine bog with way too much fuel, but you quickly get used to dipping the clutch and slipping it a bit to clear it and bring it on boost quicker anyway.
Thanks given by:
So slight update; I rotated the star wheel anticlockwise/up about 8 clicks.

It hasn't made a huge difference; a slight difference if not a placebo affect on my ears. Bits it's still there.

Anything else i could try?
Thanks given by:
id try winding it up some more, wound mine 2 whole turns and its made it slightly better id say Smile
Thanks given by:
But what affect would this have on the LDA?
Thanks given by:
+1 for the spring removal Wink how mine currently is. Not only do I had ecus not letting me have the fuel I request but got sick of ve's not responding either!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Remove the spring all together and regulate fuel via throttle an right for control?
Thanks given by: