Central Locking & Passenger Side Window

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Locking & Passenger Side Window
First day in the Pug and there seems to be an endless list of little things that need fixing!

The remote central locking isn't working, works find off the key so hoping it is just dead batteries. New ones should arrive mid week. Any other likely problems it might be?

The electric window on the passenger side wont work. Driver side is fine, and my dad told me a new motor has been fitted to the passenger side but this still didn't solve the issue. I have read up a little bit on the matter and think there might be a cracked wire in the door loom. Anyone have a wiring diagram or know which wire I need to try and repair?

Cheers
Mark
Thanks given by:
Mines got a crack in the rubber and half the wires inside the door crack have corroded. It's on my to do list. There's a guide on fitting a new loom on here if u search, but new looms are £90 from pug apparently !
Thanks given by:
If they key dony work with new batterys its most likey needs reprograming. (easy job just google it)

as for you door. pull back the rubber and look for any obvious brakes and solder back together. 90% chance this is the problem

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I had similar problems with the central locking but sorted all that out along with the wiring loom.

Link to what I did to fix them.
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-15250.html
Thanks given by:
same as me with the window, remove door, peel back rubber boot and a couple wires will most likely be broken, resolder should sort it Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Fixed the remote central locking today with two new batteries and re syncing the plip. Lets hope the electric window wire repair is that easy Tongue
Thanks given by:
This exact thread explains my 6 except my central locking will lock and automatically unlock straight away! So have to leave it unlocked all the time! So strAnge And passenger side window mechinism is broken. Electric window. Used to go down but not back up
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2013, 09:39 AM)Segers266 Wrote: This exact thread explains my 6 except my central locking will lock and automatically unlock straight away! So have to leave it unlocked all the time! So strAnge And passenger side window mechinism is broken so can't wind down!

that'll be your door loom which is nackered.
one of the doors won't be working properly.
it will all lock with the key ThumbsUp
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
As ginge said, you will have broken wires in the door loom most likely to the drivers door. Time to get the soldering iron out!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It doesn't lock with the key in door either! Or on the fob it all unlocks again Sad
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2013, 09:46 AM)Segers266 Wrote: It doesn't lock with the key in door either! Or on the fob it all unlocks again Sad

Does it lock then spring back up again to the unlock position?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah thats what it does. I opened and shut every door again incase there was one slightly open but still nothing it did used to work only the last month or so it's done this.
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
That's because it thinks there is a door open. If you turn the key in the lock and hold it there for a few seconds, it should override it self and lock.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Honestly tried everything using fob and then tried locking passenger side nothing, driver side nothing. Done what you just said still nothing felt like booting it so frustrating!
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2013, 09:50 AM)Niall Wrote: That's because it thinks there is a door open. If you turn the key in the lock and hold it there for a few seconds, it should override it self and lock.

^^^This. If that fails to work, grab hold of the lock tabs and move them up and down manually a few times to check for resistance/to free them up. Mine did this and a bit of white spray grease on the shaft (inb4giggedy) did the job!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
No idea what that is Haha! Il get a man to have a look haha!!
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
unplug the box under the driverside rear seat then use the key to lock it Wink
Thanks given by:
Thanks il do that in abit when I clean it,
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,132 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,283 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,624 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306