306 hdi stage 1 cutting out when going over 60mph ish

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi stage 1 cutting out when going over 60mph ish
As above keeps cutting out when putting my foot down but seems to have the same power as its always had untill I go around 60+mph then thr car cuts out completely and engine management light comes on and stays on for the rest of the day then goes off again. If I turn the key off then back on again starts as normal up to 60+mph any ideas would be really greatfull. Milage around 135k no history had the car around 1 year with no problems. done no mods in that time changed nothing plenty of fuel in the car. Help!
Thanks given by:
Can you make it do it if you cay nail it through 2nd/3rd gear or is it defo only 60mph+.
Thanks given by:
Not sure ill try it after work. What could the problem be?
Thanks given by:
Its probably an electrical fueling issue. By that I mean it's one of the electric things that makes the fuel system work weather it be a lift pump, regulator or sensor I cant tell ATM.

Ideally you need to get the codes read and then its easy to tell.

When was the fuel and air filters last changed out of interest?
Thanks given by:
Mat the throttle at 1600rpm in fourth and hold it a few seconds, if it cuts out then you're almost certainly looking at fuelling issues. Check out the second link in my sig for starters.

If you can get it on proper diagnostics i'd do so as soon as possible.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yep you need to get the fault code really. I'm guessing it's P0230. Generally doesn't show up till under high load at low ish rpm around 2000 rpm (so 4th gear at 50mph+ or so)

Dave
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stage 1 hdi cutting out Frosty 7 1,226 06-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Last Post: pro_steve