Tractor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tractor
So first trip to work in the Pug this morning and I gotta say it sounds like a Tractor at idle...... very loud and I don't know if I am imagining it but sounds like a belt could be loose? Anyone had a similar problem with theirs?
Thanks given by:
if you mean it sounds really clattery that standerd issue on an XUD. refinded isnt somthing the XUD understands.

also get you cat & silencers cut out then you can call it a tracter lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
the engine should/will sound like an old bus sound. none of this new eco-nonsense.
or familiar to an old transit. It will sound clattery. If you're unsure about belts. just whip the covers off, make sure everything is clear of the belts, start it up and just get a keen eye on the belt.

if it is loose, you 'should' see something wrong.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Nah seriously, stock XUDs with an original exhaust aren't that bad, we're all just used to tuned ones running more timing with big pipes, they are dieselly, but no more so than most diesels of it's era... I mean, Transits of the same age make them sound like the smoothest creamiest lumps ever...

Sounds like you've probably got a failed tensioner, they rattle and clatter causing the engine to sound rough as bollocks...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 09:34 AM)Ruan Wrote: Sounds like you've probably got a failed tensioner, they rattle and clatter causing the engine to sound rough as bollocks...

Pretty sure it might be this! Expensive to replace? This is the first diesel I have actually owned...... But have lived with a k-series for nearly 8 years so no stranger to stupid sounding engines!
Thanks given by:
Errr, does yours have an aircon button... If so I think the part is about 70 quid, bit of a knob to fit... If its a non aircon its probablt about 30 quid and easy to fit...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 12:01 PM)Ruan Wrote: Errr, does yours have an aircon button... If so I think the part is about 70 quid, bit of a knob to fit... If its a non aircon its probablt about 30 quid and easy to fit...

Bugger......... yep I have aircon! Well a button for it that seems to act like an oven at the moment...... think it needs re-gassing!

Well I suppose if it makes the awful sound go away its worth it!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, go look under the hood when it's running and you'll probably see the tensioner flapping up and down...
Thanks given by: