EGR

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EGR
is it worth disconnecting that green plug behind the battery box ???
Thanks given by:
some say it will spit a rod but yes its worth it
Thanks given by:
Not heard anyone say they chuck a rod with egr disconnexted but yes its worth it
Exhaust gas recirculation.. now we burn only the freshest air :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Not heard anyone say they chuck a rod with egr disconnexted but yes its worth it

this, removing EGR won't spit rods considering half of the dturbos ever produced were NON-EGR :roll:
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Not heard anyone say they chuck a rod with egr disconnexted but yes its worth it

this, removing EGR won't spit rods considering half of the dturbos ever produced were NON-EGR :roll:

Am only saiding what iv read in the past
Thanks given by:
There was a rumour it made cars spit rods on .net because ONE person (Alex_J I think?) disconnected it and his car spat a rod within minutes of restarting the engine. Complete coincidence though imo, iv heard no other bad stories over the years and theres no logical reason why it would have a bad effect on the engine.
Thanks given by:
That's like saying I changed my fog bulb and my head gasket went then.
Thanks given by:
mooey65 Wrote:That's like saying I changed my fog bulb and my head gasket went then.

Dont say that, nobody will ever touch their fog light bulbs again now lol
Thanks given by:
mooey65 Wrote:That's like saying I changed my fog bulb and my head gasket went then.

yup.......you got it, how can not sooting up your intake be a bad thing? lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
If I disconnect it do I have to take it all off and weld?
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Just unplugging the green plug behind the battery box will 'delete' the EGR system (but make sure you pull the plug out when the engine is off and stone cold) but removing the piping/valves and welding it all up just makes the inlet/exhaust manis easier to work around and means they arent connected at all.
Thanks given by:
I think I might do this when I get out of bed :L

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Unplugging the green plug will technically disable it, but after 13 years of being clogged with EGR shit, it's usually jammed half open and doesn't work.. You need to weld up the vac tree on the manifold, or jam it so it's closed and can't open, I found that one out...

High exhaust mani pressure will overcome the valve Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I couldn't even see a green plug

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
might not be green, it'l be the plug which has 2 pipes going to/from it, like little 5mm pipe.
Thanks given by:
Just disconnected it on mine, was having trouble at first as there wasn't the little metal bit to unclip it so just broke it off instead lol
Thanks given by:
oh but my 306 was non EGR standard and is as fast as a merc V6 ninja
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
mooey65 Wrote:some say it will spit a rod but yes its worth it

Ha i remember that, was about 6 weeks on .net where you couldn't bring up the subject without 3/4 people jumping in to say you'd lose a rod if you did it FLOL! lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just done this lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I did mine a year ago and when I did the manifold gasket the other week found I never had egr in the first place!
Thanks given by: