system flush ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
system flush ??
hi earlier in the week i did a rad flush and stuck a new thermostat in no its all topped up with fresh collant however the coolant light has shown up on the dash. i think its because i didnt bleed the system does any one know where the bleed valves are on a 1.9 dturbo

cheers
Thanks given by:
top of the thermostat housing and the heater matrix connection by the master cylinder, and if its a Ph1 there is one on top of the rad
Thanks given by:
as said ^^ , thermostat bleed should be a 40torx size screw iirc? and the top is a cack handed flat head screw - easier to use a pair of grips as its like a dangly nipple and difficult to get hold of. do one at a time etc..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
cheers guys
Thanks given by:
Just so you know that light is just to say level is low. Sometimes they bleed themselves if not methods above :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its come on because you didn't bleed it properly, so once it warmed up and the thermostat opened, and filled the other half of the system, leaving the radiator half full. So when you bleed it this time, make sure it gets warm first so that the thermostat is open and then crack the nipples off
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Be fecking careful when bleeding them, unless you know it's bled, don't run it for long, that's how XUDs got their reputation of blowing head gaskets, the heads HATE heat... If you bring it on boost and the head has a lack of water and is hot, you'll blow the gasket...

Depending on the phase, they look like a beer bottle cap with a screw head in them, or it looks like a tyre valve dust cover in the middle of a pipe...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
The light can also mean pressure in the cooling system...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the light often means that the coolant level is low due to high pressure... Basically as soon as I use full throttle in my car once warm, the light flickers on... The Ph2s are terrible for it I've found, Ph1s won't usually bring it on unless it's literally EMPTY, but the expansion tanks in the Ph2s seem to bring it on every 30 seconds if the coolant pressure builds.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Yeah, the light often means that the coolant level is low due to high pressure... Basically as soon as I use full throttle in my car once warm, the light flickers on... The Ph2s are terrible for it I've found, Ph1s won't usually bring it on unless it's literally EMPTY, but the expansion tanks in the Ph2s seem to bring it on every 30 seconds if the coolant pressure builds.

Can't say I've ever seen that... and I'm using the stock header...
JP
Thanks given by:
Thing is, mine's done that since I've had the VNT on... Never gotten worse, just does it all the time... Always had high coolant pressure with it...

If you get it really hot it'll just spew it's coolant everywhere, so I just run with a lower level in the tank for more expansion room now...
Thanks given by:
Typical of the crappy ph2 cooling system Wink Perfectly normal for it to do it though, JP, have you ever emptied your water to test if the light acaully works? If not, pft, clearly not running enough boost Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Yep, I forgot to fill it up once and the light went mental!
JP
Thanks given by: