Bosch conversion!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch conversion!
Righto i bought another engine for my car because i needed a new head and you could get an engine for the same price as a head so i thought f*ck it. Anyway it came with a bosch on it, so basically i have the whole thing, anything fuel related you can have! Will get some pics tomorrow. Im not really sure what to ask, so lets say 100quid posted?

I can send it out the same day but it wont be with royal mail (unless you pay extra for that) theres alot there so will probably get a big box from work to package it up in.

But yeah haggle away, im sure we can work something out!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Selling the bosch? Might know someone interested, pm price.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Come on, i thought people were frothing at the mouths for Bosch pumps?!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
not so much anymore chap.

they are becoming much more common.

I have sold two sets (pump/inj/lines) for £75 posted on here.

you will get more on ebay!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No i wont, my last one went for 20 quid on ebay Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Unless you're in a rush to sell, stick it on eBay with a BIN/offers for 30 days. Will go eventually Smile
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^^ this

only costs 50p to list
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Presactly. If i can get £30 for a set of Lucas injectors i'm sure you can get plenty for your pump.
Thanks given by:
Sell it to that guy in Aberdeenshire
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
if i have a d turbo with a lucas set up then is it just a straight swap?? i mean are the pumps on differnt timings or what parts do u have to change all together to do a full bosch conversion?
no smoke no poke... so they say!Puke
Thanks given by:
need pump, lines, injectors and a little know how.

Good chance to do the cambelt though!

Also good time to renew leak off pipes...but thats a fivers worth of pipe at most!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 10:12 PM)Piggy Wrote: need pump, lines, injectors and a little know how.

Good chance to do the cambelt though!

Also good time to renew leak off pipes...but thats a fivers worth of pipe at most!

cool piggy!! hah what price would u guess id be paying for that?? i mean labour wise? and the stage 1 tweakings!
Thanks given by:
Tell you what dude, £100 quid, ill come to you, fit it, and do a basic tune for you, and give you a few pointers so you can fiddle away yourself Smile

Thanks given by:
^^^^^thats a big win dood! take that and buy him a beer!

PS worth getting a boost gauge and MBC sorted ready for tune time!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 10:27 PM)samass Wrote: Tell you what dude, £100 quid, ill come to you, fit it, and do a basic tune for you, and give you a few pointers so you can fiddle away yourself Smile

that sounds absaloutly spot on samass!! Ill have to get a hold of the bosh set up firstly and then i have to get a boost gauge in and ready..no boost leaks etc... then ill get you onto it!! Im back to work a week the day and back to the norm then aswell.... definetly keen tho dude!! oh and by the way does it matter what miles etc the bosch set up has come from as in a high miler?? cheers budRofl
Thanks given by:
Best get to ebay then! Tongue

Thanks given by:
Doesn't matter too much about the miles, as long as the seals are in good nick and it's not been stored dry you should be fine
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 10:10 PM)D Turbo Lyle Wrote: if i have a d turbo with a lucas set up then is it just a straight swap?? i mean are the pumps on differnt timings or what parts do u have to change all together to do a full bosch conversion?

Yeah, i bought an engine with a bosch on it and i only wanted the head so basically anything fuel related your welcome to have Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2013, 09:31 AM)Tom Wrote:
(16-07-2013, 10:10 PM)D Turbo Lyle Wrote: if i have a d turbo with a lucas set up then is it just a straight swap?? i mean are the pumps on differnt timings or what parts do u have to change all together to do a full bosch conversion?

Yeah, i bought an engine with a bosch on it and i only wanted the head so basically anything fuel related your welcome to have Smile

...cool lads cheers for that info! U gotta start learning somewhere!! am keen on the bosch conversion idea. will have a think then al get onto it!! Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
Righto pics of it, i put no effort into these because i was busy but you can clearly see my car so it prooves it mine and im not out to get anyone Big Grin

[Image: 20130717_165725_zps6bb7b8dd.jpg]
[Image: 20130717_165744_zpsbd60a3fd.jpg]
[Image: 20130717_165812_zps8931018c.jpg]
[Image: 20130717_165830_zpsf531e0fa.jpg]
[Image: 20130717_165841_zps1a9ce52a.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
£100 to fit a Bosch? I'm doing something wrong here
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2013, 09:22 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: £100 to fit a Bosch? I'm doing something wrong here

Unfortunately, Sam's the only one close and that's what he's offered.

But tbh I can see where he's coming from, he's on about spending the day doing absolutely everything, he's offering a service he can't find or wouldn't be asking.

TBH i think for someone that doesn't understand pumps and tuning that's perfectly reasonable.
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2013, 09:30 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(17-07-2013, 09:22 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: £100 to fit a Bosch? I'm doing something wrong here

Unfortunately, Sam's the only one close and that's what he's offered.

But tbh I can see where he's coming from, he's on about spending the day doing absolutely everything, he's offering a service he can't find or wouldn't be asking.

TBH i think for someone that doesn't understand pumps and tuning that's perfectly reasonable.

I agree with it if he can get that price for fitting them that's good on him I'm selling my self to cheap for the same service I charged Liam £60 and that included a 70mile round trip. I then sold and fitted a pump for £140. Samass is a sound fella and is more thàn capable. (Not meaning to put a downer if that's what it sounds like)

Thanks given by:
£100 to travel 50 miles (each way) to fit and tune a Bosch mind. I think it's perfectly fair.

Thanks given by:
(17-07-2013, 09:53 PM)samass Wrote: £100 to travel 50 miles (each way) to fit and tune a Bosch mind. I think it's perfectly fair.

I'm not disagreeing just obviously selling myself short with it providing the same service

Thanks given by:
I normally charge about £100 if I have to travel, else its just not worth my time. At the end of the day you enjoy what you do, and you're professional about the job then that's dead reasonable - I always wonder if what people charge covers them for any mishaps when fitting a pump though Wink
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Do any of you want a pump lol?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2013, 12:07 PM)Tom Wrote: Do any of you want a pump lol?

i just pm'd u dude..
Thanks given by:
Stuck it on ebay + ebay premium

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-Mechanic...2ec954b7dc

Cheaper to anyone on here Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Sold, still awaiting payment mind :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Bosch conversion low miles - 11mm VE Pump £130 posted! Dave 11 2,590 06-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Dave
  Bosch (conversion setup) - Gov modded and LDA ground KrisB 6 2,056 15-02-2013, 02:39 AM
Last Post: Shea