Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Thread size for the oil feed
#1
Whats Thread size for the oil feed for the turbo off the back of the block (or An size) thanks Daz
#2
What turbo do you have?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#3
Think its 16x1.5, but not sure - most people get a braided line to the steel pipe that attatches to the back of the block I think its cheaper this way, or do what I did and just double jubilee a hydraulic hose to it, though I highly dont recommend this! Wink
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
#4
If you look below at the list of related threads below the top 2 both ask the same question and im sure one has the correct answer. IIRC it was M14x1.5 but check the threads.

Edit: Just checked for you and its M16x1.5
#5
They're not a standard connection, so don't just assume you can bung any flared connection on the end with a bolt... You can banjo bolt them which is fine, just don't try and use the original style connection as the length from the end of the thread to the bottom of the flared connection is odd...

This is why most people just chop up a stock oil line and put a compression fitting on the stock line then put some hose off that....
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#6
AN -4 (AN4 AN 04) to M16x1.5 Metric Straight Adapter

this may work i will see later in the week

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...0962546864
#7
Quote:or do what I did and just double jubilee a hydraulic hose to it, though I highly dont recommend this!

classic! for when your in a hurry to get the engine back in right?? Big Grin


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What thread is fuel feed for a bosch? silverzx 8 5,354 04-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Last Post: silverzx
  temperature sensor thread size Chris_90 2 2,388 22-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  GT2052V & TD04 Oil Feed Thread silverzx 7 5,841 18-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Tom

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)