HDi fault codes help please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi fault codes help please
So plugged the hdi in and got 2 codes. One was related to the clutch pedal position and the other was something like "fuel low pressure pump, short circuit or open circuit"

the car starts fine and I can hear the lift pump, at first I thought the car was underpowered but I almost can tell now.

So.... Where to start looking?

got full fault code descriptions now so here we go...

1 - permanent fault. fuel low pressure pump supply. open circuit or short circuit.
2 - intermittent fault. signal clutch switch. consistency with vehicle speed.
3- intermittent fault. signal accelerator pedal 2 coherance with accelerator pedal.

any ideas? car is slightly underpowered and the EML seems to be retriggered if i try to boot it too much
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
updated first post with fault codes...
Thanks given by:
Dude can we have the code numbers as those aren't the usual wording and look like they were written by someone who didn't speak English as a first language.
Thanks given by:
they are off pp2000 mate, doesnt give a code unless maybe i can go into further info or something... il have a look
Thanks given by:
Anyone know how to get the actual codes off planet?
Thanks given by:
The codes are in the description iirc, you need to open each one for more details, there's also options for it to do some of the hardware testing for you.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hmmm i will have to have a look again. I heard a slight hiss from the filter housing after I shut the engine off this morning so could that be my pressure loss?
Thanks given by:
So when I read the engine ecu then press f6 to see more info it still doesn't give me codes...just more info like voltages and stuff
Thanks given by:
It's possible the filter housing could be losing pressure, the lids on them can distort over time.

Hmmm, that's a pain, will open up my copy later and have a play, see if i can find anything.

From the list you've given us it seems you've got problems with the lift pump, tps and clutch switch.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah but like I said she starts first turn so the pump has to be working or is it a case it can lose pressure but still run?

I was going to get a new fuel filter, take the housing off to drain and clean it and make sure its all resealed again

and I think the clutch switch may have something to do with the old spring making it a bit slow at returning the pedal? probably just going to take it off
Thanks given by:
Yeah like most things it will fail over time, rather than being fine one day and dead the next.

Possibly, got to be worth a try at least.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Will try that and if not will start to look at the lift pump, it drives fine there just no power at full throttle, pulls ok if you drive kinda easy. And its when I boot it the eml comes back on
Thanks given by:
Do you get all three every time after clearing them?

Have you got a spring attached to the peddle, if so remove the mechanism. The springs goes stiff over time. Mine got removed by Peugeot on a recall but a lot of cars still have them.

Are you sure the hiss is coming from the filter housing and not the rad reservoir?

The TPS can do some weird things. I've had one that goes dead at a certain rev, I had to pump the peddle and feed in the revs to get past the point, not nice when you got to over take someone and it hapens. Other times the car would idle at 1.5k until I turned it off and restarted the car. That use to get annoying at traffic lights.

I've got a feeling your problem is the TPS but low pressure can also cause your symptoms.

Try clearing the codes and see what comes up next time it happens.
Thanks given by:
The clutch and tps codes clear but the low fuel pressure pump one won't clear, but the eml goes off when i clear the other two. The car idles pretty perfect though, I thought at one point I saw the needle move ever so slightly at idle but not exactly hunting.

although you are right about how it drives, it only really is dead when I use past half way on the throttle, before that its okay.

I will remove the spring today, was going to do it anyway.

and yeah the hiss is when I put my ear directly to the fuel filter housing, thats what i will be doing tomorrow is changing the filter and o ring etc.
Thanks given by:
Is there diesel down the filter housing? If not you may just be hearing the fuel coursing through.

That lp pump specifies an open or short circuit, implying it's an electrical fault. Maybe check the brown relay and other connections.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Okay mate will I just disconnect them and clean up the plugs?
Thanks given by:
So today I disconnected the maf and went for a drive, let her heat up then booted it up the road and I'm convinced all the power is back, full throttle actually makes it go now biggest difference I noticed is pulling up a hill.

So the question is do I need a new maf, or I have heard before about the maf earth and the tps fault being related some how?

And obviously my fuel pump supply fault is still an issue to be sorted
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiple HDI ECU error codes allye 16 2,789 29-06-2016, 04:01 AM
Last Post: Paul_13
  2001 Hdi estate Fault codes lordon301 8 2,236 02-02-2015, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Fault Codes P0221 & P1521 Alan_M 4 2,277 17-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Last Post: mr_fish