Identifying a Bitron Unit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identifying a Bitron Unit
In the hunt to fix my engine fans it seems the next stage is to replace the bitron unit that makes them work.

Has anyone got a pic of what it looks like? I have all the wiring from my scrapped ph2 so was wondering if I had one already, if a ph2 dt bitron would even work in a ph3 HDi/DT.

This is what I have from the ph2

[Image: SzdiBtW.jpg]
[Image: 57lBrK9.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nope that's not it. That looks like the fuel relay to me. Yours is a ac model right? If so, it looks a bit like that but longer and is behind the arch liner bolted to the bottom of the passengers chassis leg below the headlight. Bit of a bastard to get to with the horns in the way
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2013, 10:39 AM)Niall Wrote: Nope that's not it. That looks like the fuel relay to me. Yours is a ac model right? If so, it looks a bit like that but longer and is behind the arch liner bolted to the bottom of the passengers chassis leg below the headlight. Bit of a bastard to get to with the horns in the way

Technically, yes but the ac has been removed.

Looks like I'll be buying one then if that's not the right one.
Thanks given by:
Iirc the one we used from decs donor car had a cracked casing? It worked at the time but through bumps etc it may have died since. It's tucked up & bolted near the horn. If you pull the arch liner out of the way you'll see it. I think we put tape around it as it was cracked, to avoid moisture getting in.
Thanks given by:
I have one sitting here that's in full working order if you need one Smile

But as that homo ^^ said, they tend to let water in and cause all kinds of issues.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cooling fan issues, cant find the bitron controller Leedunn86 5 2,700 30-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Leedunn86