total closure windows

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
total closure windows
Has anyone done this using a universal module on a standard 306?
Just wondering as i did it on my other car, just wondering if anyone has and how easy it was?

Cheers Titch
Thanks given by:
dont understand?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 07:40 PM)Piggy Wrote: dont understand?!

A universal module like this wired to the standard central locking/ alarm so when you double lock if the windows are open they close.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-UNIVERSAL-...56367df776
Thanks given by:
or just dont be lazy and shut them before you get out?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nah it's handy to have and a cool trick ha
Thanks given by:
Got to admit, I always walk away from my car thinking damn, I forgot to close all my windows again!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 08:13 PM)Piggy Wrote: or just dont be lazy and shut them before you get out?!

Yeah but when the 2 kids are in the back and they leave the windows open would be nice if they could close when you lock the car.

I used a similar module on my old car, but someone had already done it so just followed a guide / wiring diagram they had written.

Just wondered if anyone had done it before on a 306.
Thanks given by:
shut them then? the buttons are right behind your left hand?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Havent yet but was thinking about making something up for this purely because i hate the fact my drivers window is auto but passengers isnt and i hate sitting there winding it up (my passengers window is really slow!)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 08:20 PM)Piggy Wrote: shut them then? the buttons are right behind your left hand?!

Yeah but when your in a car park in town and you go off to get the ticket and the Mrs is sorting the kids out, and when you get back to the car and they are open, it would be easier/better if they just went up when you locked the car.
Thanks given by:
Must be an easy way? Use a relay and take the signal from when you double lock
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 08:36 PM)Connor Wrote: Must be an easy way? Use a relay and take the signal from when you double lock

It is very simple. I have a timed relay i use at work a lot which would do it off the dead lock feed. Can set the time on it so set it to how long it takes to close the window. Could also have it for open if you really wanted
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
but that time can vary depending on voltage and how many windows are open etc...

surely for 25quid if you really cant be arsed to just shut them, then it aint a bad price?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 08:37 PM)Niall Wrote:
(07-07-2013, 08:36 PM)Connor Wrote: Must be an easy way? Use a relay and take the signal from when you double lock

It is very simple. I have a timed relay i use at work a lot which would do it off the dead lock feed. Can set the time on it so set it to how long it takes to close the window. Could also have it for open if you really wanted

Wouldn't be needed surely? Can't quite think properly right now, but there's a resistor that cuts the auto window, for when something gets in the way of it closing (like a hand or arm) you could just use that?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 09:36 PM)Connor Wrote:
(07-07-2013, 08:37 PM)Niall Wrote:

Wouldn't be needed surely? Can't quite think properly right now, but there's a resistor that cuts the auto window, for when something gets in the way of it closing (like a hand or arm) you could just use that?

Nope. Peugeot took the easy way out with the auto shut safety. Most cars measure increase in current draw (pressure put on window) and drop the window. Pug just made it so the engine has to be running for the auto up to work. Cheap Eh?!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(07-07-2013, 09:42 PM)Niall Wrote:
(07-07-2013, 09:36 PM)Connor Wrote:
(07-07-2013, 08:37 PM)Niall Wrote: It is very simple. I have a timed relay i use at work a lot which would do it off the dead lock feed. Can set the time on it so set it to how long it takes to close the window. Could also have it for open if you really wanted

Nope. Peugeot took the easy way out with the auto shut safety. Most cars measure increase in current draw (pressure put on window) and drop the window. Pug just made it so the engine has to be running for the auto up to work. Cheap Eh?!

Yes that was exactly what I was trying to think of lol really? I know the 307s have that, assumed the 306 would be the same... Surely it wouldn't be hard to install something to measure the draw and then signal the relay to flip back the other way and turn them off?
Thanks given by:
I know on some cars they modify a ford internal light relay.. (big tall yellow one) but im pretty sure they are sorta pre programmed..
Thanks given by:
again, with all the faffing and headaches to bodge some relays...that ebay 25quid job seems a simple route?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
christ that front badge is hideous. never seen that before! the rear lights are cool though... said nobody ever!
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2013, 09:13 AM)SRowell Wrote: christ that front badge is hideous. never seen that before! the rear lights are cool though... said nobody ever!

I think you got the wrong thread lol
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2013, 09:13 AM)SRowell Wrote: christ that front badge is hideous. never seen that before! the rear lights are cool though... said nobody ever!

Fail :p
Thanks given by:
Flol Rowell you failed
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2013, 05:36 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: I know on some cars they modify a ford internal light relay.. (big tall yellow one) but im pretty sure they are sorta pre programmed..

Thats the one i used on my other car, it is a 20 sec delay relay, you still need module off ebay aswell though.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  total intermittent electrical failure madmadmax 18 3,742 30-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Last Post: bilboaustin