Switchable maps?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switchable maps?
Hello all Smile

On certain cars (albeit much newer than a HDi) there is the option to switch between stock map and a remap file through use of a sport or similar button like on the Astra VXR.

Although the sport button is a factory fitted device, is it possible to retrofit a similar device to a 306 HDi, so that when you fancy the extra power from the remap you can just press the button and it engages the more powerful map?

Probably not possible without spending a shed load of cash but it would be a really interesting (and cool!) feature to have IMO Smile

Anyone had any similar ideas or experimented?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
I really don't see the point Undecided you can hve the remap and choose to use the power when you want ? It's like when people say oooo that cars to powerfull for you just cos it's quick doesn't mean you hve to drive it quick, same applies here get it mapped and drive it normally just when you do need the power it's there no need to FAF with a button surely ??
Thanks given by:
It must technically be possible just have a switched line running round a loop too/from the ECU So the ECU either sees 0v or 5v and can "adjust" the map accordingly. Like it alters the map when its either really hot or really cold.
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2013, 06:06 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: It must technically be possible just have a switched line running round a loop too/from the ECU So the ECU either sees 0v or 5v and can "adjust" the map accordingly. Like it alters the map when its either really hot or really cold.

They don't adjust their map as such as far as temperature goes, it simply places a limit on the injection quantity... But just multiple maps are affected...

VXRs don't have switchable maps, simply a button that restricts you to 70% throttle...

It is doable to have switchable maps on edc15 however, rather pointless and the amount of R&D would make it unfeasible... Ive seen proper switching before where you can use a 29f800 and change the start address... But not entirely sure how it would cope with the checksums, I dont 100% know if EDC15 checks them once at start-up or whether its on the fly calculation...

You could do a pikey job and simply place an injection quantity limit on the temperature limiter map that when you short the temperature sensor it thinks its either Max temperature or min temperature and limits the map aaccordingly...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I was going to say, the sport buttons in Astra's are lies! You get just as much power without the button pressed, it just limits the throttle travel. In some cars it can alter the suspension setup too, but on the whole a 'sport' button is there for someone who wants to feel a bit like he's driving knight riders' Kitt!!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I kindof agree with the general consensus above. It's one of those ideas you think 'wow thats awesome I must have one', but then when you actually think about it, other than having a button to press for that moment when "Shit just gat real", there's no reason for it.

Also, I personally would find it a pain to start to have a bit of fun driving the car harder, and then having to faff about switching the power on the move... I'd rather not have the distraction and just be able to concentrate on the drive Wink
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I suppose if you want to do it the astra way just an On/On switch in the signal line from the TPS and a resistor on one of the lines so the car thinks its using less throttle would be the basic bodge of it.
Thanks given by:
Get two ecu's, one mapped one standard and have a f*ck load of relays, and switch between the two with a toggle switch.

/dyalikedags
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Put a second, retractable throttle-stop on your tps, just a spring-loaded catch would do, and a nail/screw in the potentiometer wheel to run up against the catch. Run a second cable along your throttle cable, attach one end to the catch and the other to a massive lever in the cabin marked "shit just got real".
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: