TD04 Turbo Manifold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TD04 Turbo Manifold
Anyone know what size/type of thread is on the td04 manifold?

Looks like m10 but doesn't fit. Imperial?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
M10 x 1.25 not a regular 1.5 thread. If thats the original stud that is Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Any idea where I can get a couple apart from eBay because you have to but a pricey pack
Thanks given by:
Ummm you could try Halfords and B&Q's??
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
i used to live in wycombe, and always used bee-fast fasteners, in cressex industrial estate, for that kind of thing. they'll probley just give you them for free
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the help tom and ryan!!

While I got the thread open I might as well clear up two things

Will I need to blank this as I took the wastegate actuator off and weld it shut

The other thing was what are these for as it already has a oil feed on the left side and return/drain on the right side (opposite)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Yes blank that if it the gates welded and those are the water cooling holes so ignore them lol
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2013, 06:59 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Yes blank that if it the gates welded and those are the water cooling holes so ignore them lol

Whats a good or easy way to blank it if you have little tools?? Ahh yes I remember forgot about the watercooling

Cheers
Thanks given by:
cut an inch of tubing. put one end over the pipe and zip tie/clamp a bolt in the open end, that normally works

or just squash the pipe (might not seal 100% tho)

and/or use chemical metal i the hole
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
I got bolts for the studs from ebay, 6 for not much at all.

You do need to seal that hole up, I used instant gasket in mine, then a small piece of hose with instant gasket to make sure it was sealed.

Are you going to be using any gaskets?
Thanks given by:
Holts firegum exhaust paste. f*ck gaskets for a laugh. I never blocked my waterholes just left them.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2013, 07:08 AM)Tom Wrote: Holts firegum exhaust paste. f*ck gaskets for a laugh. I never blocked my waterholes just left them.

I used that and gaskets. Got a sheet of metal gasket material from eBay and cut my own.
Thanks given by:
I brought a gasket for the t2 manifold where it goes onto the engine but the turbo itself and all the plates - I was just planning on using holts exhaust paste as I've heard it seals a treat Smile

I'll try putting some on the small turbo pipe and capping it off with a small silicone hose, cheers
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2013, 09:31 AM)scottbmxer Wrote: I brought a gasket for the t2 manifold where it goes onto the engine but the turbo itself and all the plates - I was just planning on using holts exhaust paste as I've heard it seals a treat Smile

I'll try putting some on the small turbo pipe and capping it off with a small silicone hose, cheers

I did both so I was sure it was sealed, didn't want to take it off again.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will a T2 turbo fit on a K14 manifold? Dum-Dum 3 3,346 18-05-2017, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Td04 air intake size on turbo Paul_13 8 2,370 19-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Ruan
Lightbulb TD04 Turbo Info please!! scottbmxer 33 12,345 08-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Last Post: sweeney1987