M-tdi advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M-tdi advice
Hi

I need help figuring out parts for my own m-hdi build ( for peugeot 205 ). I think I am going to use vw lt 2.8 tdi 12mm injection pump , which is a factory mechanical di injection pump. For the engine I would like to use 2.2 l engine, I do not know how the engine mounts fit etc but I have seen it done in the internet. I have absolutely no idea which injectors to use and how the head has to be machined to fit them but I hope to get some ideas from this forum. So basically I would like to hear your recommendations for this kind on project.
Thanks given by:
I moved your post today new thread as it will be more likely to get visibility and replies. Good luck with your search Smile
Thanks given by:
Have a read through my project thread, I did exactly what your looking to do, only in a 306, and with a 2.0 16v, but the heads are identical so same principle.

The pump will work ok, but will ideally need some modifications to gov / advance system, as that donor motor will never have been made to rev like your dw10 motor will be able to.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
The 2.2 upper mount drops straight onto a 306 one, If you use a 306 gearbox then itll bolt straight up to a 306 gearbox mount. As for the rear mount 205s are different and I know nothing about it.

As for the fuel system I cant help you.
Thanks given by:
Hm I had to custom fabricate top mount, but maybe 2.2 is different in this respect, no idea, but wouldnt have thought so :S

Rear mount fits but will need mod to fit your 205, only moved sideways on subframe tho nothing major.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Darren, I read through your thread and you prefered 2.0 over 2.2 ( rpm vs torque) . If the heads are identical than is there any point to use 2.2 over 2.0? Did you had to machine the head to fit injectors or is it possible to compile suitable injector?
Thanks given by:
I managed to compile an injectors to plug and play without much trouble at all. The 2.2 is a different block, and lots of things just dont fit oem, so just means more work, and with my nature of tuning, its the last thing I wanted anyway...if i did it again, id build a 2.0 16v in a dw10 8v bottom end, that way everything is plug and play, even the 16v version of the dw10 bottom end has some annoying quirks that prevent it from being oem compared to the 8v block!

Dependant on how interested you are / what power your looking at running, I could sell me old injector pump / injectors if your were interested, ready to run, but they are setup to run alot of power, so im not sure what your aim is here...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(08-07-2013, 12:35 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Hm I had to custom fabricate top mount

Darren, can i ask how you went about this? I need to fabricate a new top mount myself, looking for some advice.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Well was going to weld one up, but never did finish it, so just left my modified stock one, I just had to re drill the holes to line up on the engine side, and weld a part on the side to take the extension. Altho, after a bit of research, ive got a feeling the new partner mount MIGHT be a plug and play fit, but never tried it to be sure, just modded what I had, and never had an issue.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by: