removing top of a bosch pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
removing top of a bosch pump
So basically I have got a gov assembly springs etc. I have put a nut in the main spring for the gov mod. Im just not overly confident on removing the top of the pump (still on car). Although im a mechanic by trade its not something ive done before. Ive read the guide over and over and I understand how to do it its just that I dont want to break the cradle it sits in. Id rather someone helped me Wink.

Just wondering if someone could write basic guide and any specific things to look out for. On the other hand if someone wants to give me a hand id be happy to pay or whatever

Cheers
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have you read dans guide? If not check it out! I used it and it was awesome
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2013, 06:40 PM)Matt Wrote: Have you read dans guide? If not check it out! I used it and it was awesome

I have yeah still bit wary of attemptin it without someone whis done it before
Thanks given by:
I was the same, just just dans guide, not a lot can really go wrong inside the pump
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Dont force anything!

I've not read dans guide so I dont know if this is included, but for me, I find it easier to remove the max fuel screw, and hold the stop lever to the stop position, get a screwdriver underneith the lid and push the throttle paddle back towards nearside of car (the part the gov clips into). After some fiddling and swearing, make sure the cradle is past the stop lever to clear everything, I would then tap the main throttle shaft through the body using the allen key used to undo the lid. Lid off. Done it so many times it takes about 2 seconds now but its real fiddly to begin with.

One more thing, make sure you wipe clean the seals, else you have it all to pull apart agian!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2013, 06:56 PM)Dave Wrote: Dont force anything!

I've not read dans guide so I dont know if this is included, but for me, I find it easier to remove the max fuel screw, and hold the stop lever to the stop position, get a screwdriver underneith the lid and push the throttle paddle back towards nearside of car (the part the gov clips into). After some fiddling and swearing, make sure the cradle is past the stop lever to clear everything, I would then tap the main throttle shaft through the body using the allen key used to undo the lid. Lid off. Done it so many times it takes about 2 seconds now but its real fiddly to begin with.

One more thing, make sure you wipe clean the seals, else you have it all to pull apart agian!

See not having had one of these apart what you just said I cant really understand fully. I could do with a spare old bosch to do it off car first. Having to use this car daily is whats stopping me if i had two cars it would be done no messing.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,457 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,996 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,492 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby