Changing HP pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing HP pump
Hi,

I'm going to be changing my HP pump this weekend and I was thinking is it worth putting a new belt on at the sametime or just reuse the belt thats already on the car?

The belt thats on the car has only done 25k.

Also is there anything I should know about changing the pump? It look pretty easy but from your experience is there anything I should look out for?

I'm changing the pump as it looks like it's not able to keep up with demand as I was told to look on pp2000 and looking at the fuel pressure regulator duty cycle if that was hitting 40% under load (which it is) it means the pumps worn out. Considering the amount of miles it's done I think it might be right.

After changing the pump I'm going to be getting a stage one map.

Thanks,
Dee
Thanks given by:
I'd do a full belt and tensioner and waterpump change while I was at it TBH, get it done while you have everything off.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Thanks, I forgot to say the tensioners and water pump were changed with the last belt change at 20k ago. Would you still replace all after such a short time?
Thanks given by:
I'd say yes if you can afford it, if not then just the belt would still be a better option than not doing it at all..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Yeah, I know what you're saying with it all being there it would only take 10-15 extra and that would be it all done ready for another 96k. But it does say in the Haynes manual to ignore the manufacturer instructions and do it at half that.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure i'd bother myself, it adds a fair amount of time to the job. When i did mine i locked off the timing, swapped the pump and was done in a couple of hours. Cambelt is half a day for me usually, just because it's so fiddly.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well changed the pump yesterday and the one I replaced with is hitting 43% on the fuel pressure regulator duty cycle.

The one I took off had done 304k and the one I put on had only done 119k.

Does anyone know anymore on the fuel pressure regulator duty cycle reading?

I forgot to check the fuel pressure set value against the actual pressure though.
Thanks given by:
The requested vs actual pressure variance is the important bit, fpr duty cycle is affected by a lot of factors.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks, I think the old one was around 60bar out under load.

I'll check this one tomorrow.

Don't know why I didn't check it last time out.
Thanks given by: