Max Fuel Screw Snapped!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Max Fuel Screw Snapped!
I was adjusting the max fuel on my Bosch pump and after tightning the lock nut it started leaking diesel. Tried tightning it more and then it all just snapped clean off! I swear, you fix one thing on these motors and then something else just breaks! How hard do you guys think it will be to get what's left off the screw out this pump?
Thanks given by:
Thats not really the cars fault is it, It leaked so you belted up the locknut? Sounds harsh but what did you expect to happen?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
No a huge deal, as the screw your talking about screws into just the top part of the pump, which is easily removable in situ, so if it was me, id remove the top half of the pump to get acess to remove it (you will be able to turn it from inside)
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Hi Tom. Yes but it's a lock nut so surely it's meant to be tightened? I.e hand tight? It was then it was leaking so I tightened it more in a attempt to stop the leak which had already started.

Darren - That doesn't sound too bad then! It's 4 bolts/screws that hold the top on isn't it?
Thanks given by:
Look up the govmod guide mate, its basically the first part of that to remove the top. Suprised the alu body didnt strip out rather than the bolt snapping!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2013, 06:59 PM)Dave Wrote: Look up the govmod guide mate, its basically the first part of that to remove the top. Suprised the alu body didnt strip out rather than the bolt snapping!

Yeah I read the guide and I think it's held down with those four bolts I mentioned. Yup I was surprised that it just snapped as well. Metal fatigue I suppose but still......
Thanks given by:
Yea it's the 4 bolts and throttle arm and a few brackets just mark up the throttle arm may as well gov it while your there
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
kool thanks guys. It's bodged up with catloy just now to stop the leak until I can take a proper look at it. Indeed, the car lives up to the moto:

SNAP OFF - Because it's f88king French Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Main Fuel Screw and Idle Speed ally406 6 1,738 28-05-2022, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Martin306
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,492 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby
  Radiator bleed screw/ tap vanished, possible better solution simonh 4 1,424 09-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Last Post: simonh