306 dturbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 dturbo
anyone in northwest blackpool way set them up? just bought one and wanted abit more power cheers dan
Thanks given by:
If you've got a bit of mechanical savvy, and a relatively basic tool kit, you can do it yourself for the extra satisfaction. There are plenty of guides out there, for both Bosch and Lucas fuel pumps. Do you know which pump you have? If not, stick a pic of your engine bay up, and we'll tell you in no time which one you're running. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
its a lucas pump i have lots of tools and a garage to use haha just dont wanna f*ck it as its daily atm
Thanks given by:
Yeah, well the Lucas is a bit harder to do as you have to actually open and drain the pump, but I did it on my daily, as long as you're careful and don't try to Max the fuel screw out in one sitting, you shouldnt have a problem. Wink
Thanks given by:
ah fair enough maybe i should look for a bosch pump? , do i need a boost gauge to check anything?
Thanks given by:
I'd plumb a boost gauge in, for peace of mind if nothing else. Wink They're not exactly bank breaking money, and at least you can keep an eye on how much boost you're making. Smile

And if you can find yourself a decent Bosch, then go for it, I only ever had the Lucas on mine.
Thanks given by: danblp
ill get a boost gauge and have a fiddle tommorow with it haha anything else i can do?
Thanks given by:
If you're giving it a tune, might as well have a nose about underneath, work out what Turbo you're running, and how to turn the wastegate up as well. Depends how far you want to go with it really. I'd turn the pump up a bit, and adjust the wastegate to suit. When I did mine, I ended up tweaking it a good few times before I was happy enough to leave it for a while, but I'd rather do it in small increments and be happy with it, than turn it right up in one hit and throw a rod in the first 5 miles. Wink
Thanks given by:
yeah haha ill keep adjusting it accordingly cone filter worth putting on or just stock?
Thanks given by:
Tbh, a cone filter will give you a good case of heatsoak, if you can remove the restriction in the pipework, the standard airbox is better than a cone filter, though I was running mine without a filter, just took it off at the turbo. Wink
Thanks given by:
haha might look into a front mount
Thanks given by:
does exhaust fit of any 306 diesel 3door?
Thanks given by: