White smoke and high temp

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White smoke and high temp
Peugeot 306 hdi stage 2

So I've just come back from holiday and took me car out for a drive I let it warm up and every thing seemed fine then I noticed the temp was close to 90 once it hit 90 every time I pulled away there was a lot of white smoke I've check the water and oil lvl and they have not moved also done a pressure check the pipe was hot and was a bit hard to push in any one have any ideas?
Thanks given by:
90 sounds fine for a hot day...

white smoke from exhaust?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah white smoke from exhaust
Thanks given by:
odd. very odd.

water not gone down?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Water lvl is the same I've just double check. there is no white smoke till it hits 90 then every time I pull away there is loads of white smoke then it clears till I stop again. With in 4mile drive the temp was about 80.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like my car lol turned out my valve stem seals had gone....but 90 i think is normal to be honest mine sits beetween 70/90
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
never goes above 90 degrees?

funny noises? loss in power? is it just when you pull away or when on boost?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It will only just go above 90 but once it hits 90 the white smoke starts its only when pulling away. No noises or loss of power at all.
Thanks given by:
Its not normal for hdis to run at 90 guys, about 75 is the norm. Sounds like hg to me, why else the rise in coolant temps.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
ah righto...well 90 is normal for xud...

agree then with Poodle. sorry
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ahh I really hope it's not are they hard to do? should I leave it for a while and see if I start losing water or check the thermostat to see if its working?
Thanks given by:
Are you sure its white smoke cus burning oil smoke is very very light blue if its only burning alittle i know this cus my valve seals went on mine and oil was seeping in slowly not enuff to notice over a week but a puff of smoke on start up and pull off but nothing after yes it may well be a hg but i would monitor your levels for a few days and temp see what happens never think the worst i thought my hg went my heart sunk but like i said changed my valve seals without removing the head or putting rope down the hole lol i have the correct tool for doing valve seals without removing the head...just observe first mate never fear the worst...
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
Its not too bad a job if you give yourself plenty of time. If your stat was the problem, then the top rad hose wouldnt be getting hot.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If it was the valve seals why would the temp be really high?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  white smoke from starter motor apples76 12 2,386 17-07-2017, 05:05 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Intake temp and Exhaust temp sensors? JTaylor2005 5 2,383 26-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  White smoke LewisG 8 1,911 22-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Last Post: LewisG