hesitation on pull off in 1st

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hesitation on pull off in 1st
Well guys as the titile says what can cause a lack of powere on accelerating in 1st it like goes to go then bogs down and then takes off u know there is possibly shed loads of things to look at but what are the main ones i will add i have a leek in my exhaust manifold....

Ps apoligys for the spelling im not the best as you can see lol..
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
fix the manifold leak, give her a service, plugs filters, oil and then report back . . .also don't forget it's a 1.4 . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2013, 08:49 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: fix the manifold leak, give her a service, plugs filters, oil and then report back . . .also don't forget it's a 1.4 . .lol

Give her a service ohh my god i dont know what elses i can change apart from the manifold rverything else is practicly brand new on her...lol.....when it bogs its kind of feels like it drowning the silly thing is it only does it after being left still for awhile like a cold start or after iv been shopping a few hours or so mabey i should of also mentiond this first lol..
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
maybe manifold contracting when it's cold, expanding when it's hot and closing the gap?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2013, 09:26 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: maybe manifold contracting when it's cold, expanding when it's hot and closing the gap?

Can an exhaust manifold cause it to bog down..
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
Well i thought id sorted this problem but it seems to of come back iv replaced the exhaust manifold and sorted any leaks out but its back lol dam it
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
have the exact same problem on mine but when engines cold doesnt seem to have the hesitation only when she warms up
Thanks given by:
Hesitation can be a few things, obviously incorrect fuel mixture or poor timing usually. You say you've done a service so plugs, air filter, fuel filter should all be good.

I'd check/clean the MAP sensor if its covered in breather oil. Might as well clean throttle body too while you're there.

Temp sensor may be faulty and not sending the correct temp reading to the ECU - can test that with a multimeter I think.

Do you have the long coil pack, or separate ones? If its the long one, they are common to fail, and seem worse when cold, I had one fail and spike the ECU. Rolleyes

And as you say its only when cold, possibly a leaky injector, but that would also make it smoky and difficult to start when cold, so you can probably ignore that one.
Thanks given by:
coil pack terrible for issues like thks
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
mines had full service new coil pack every sensor changed lol
Thanks given by:
Im asuming the map sensor messures the amout of air being supplyed..???i do have a very load sucking sound when i accelerate could i have an air leak somwere sounds like its comming from arround the inlet...its confusing iv checked and cleaned every last peice of the intake lol...its not as bad since i changed the manifold but still anoying me lol...
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
I cant remember 100% but do these have a fly sensor for timing??

If that is a bit dirty or slightly faulty, it will give hesitation, but usually in all gears
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Iv no idea on the fly sensor lol and not really noticed if it does it in other gears lol..
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
have a look at top edge of bell housing on the gearbox, if it is where I think it is, its there and bolted on with a 10mm head bolt or similar.

they are magnetic so attract lots of crap
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Have you got an aftermarket air filter? My money is on that if you're flexing a halfords style huge cone thing.
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2013, 11:37 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Have you got an aftermarket air filter? My money is on that if you're flexing a halfords style huge cone thing.

No air filter all bog standard lol
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
(25-07-2013, 11:18 AM)pugjohn306 Wrote: Im asuming the map sensor messures the amout of air being supplyed..???i do have a very load sucking sound when i accelerate could i have an air leak somwere sounds like its comming from arround the inlet...its confusing iv checked and cleaned every last peice of the intake lol...its not as bad since i changed the manifold but still anoying me lol...

It measures the air pressure yes. You don't really want any leaks in the intake system.

But also, you get lag followed by a loud sucking sound...... I think someones replaced your 1.4 with a TD.... lol
Thanks given by:
I had a ph1 clio which used to do this, crapy energy engines, turned out to the TDC sensor, will benefit cleaning all the sensors on the car! I tried coil and MAF but wasn't that
Thanks given by:
thats what I have said!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
ok guys little update lol well i filled my car up yesterday to the brim and guess what no stutter im going out on a limb here but could i have air in the fuel system .???
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
...what fuel HAVE you been using?...what fuel did you fill up with?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
had a lose petrol cap on mine and just got some cheap shit push on one atm
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2013, 09:51 PM)Piggy Wrote: ...what fuel HAVE you been using?...what fuel did you fill up with?

iv been using deisel but today filled up with petrol lol....
just standard petrol mate
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
shell, BP, murco, tesco, Jet????????????
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2013, 10:18 PM)Piggy Wrote: shell, BP, murco, tesco, Jet????????????

just tescos mate dont use shell bp etc
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
that could be the problem. very unreliable fuel. try using shell, its cheaper my way than supermarket crap and you get points still and no nasty issues
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2013, 10:21 PM)Piggy Wrote: that could be the problem. very unreliable fuel. try using shell, its cheaper my way than supermarket crap and you get points still and no nasty issues

air in fuel system caused by lose fuel cap ? if so would it sort itself by just replaceing cap
Thanks given by:
could have no cap...wouldnt cause air in system!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2013, 10:21 PM)Piggy Wrote: that could be the problem. very unreliable fuel. try using shell, its cheaper my way than supermarket crap and you get points still and no nasty issues

Have you worked out the return on those points though?

500 litres to get a £2.50 voucher...

Not sure what that is in petrol, but its £700 in diesel. lol
Thanks given by:
Iv allways used asda and tescos never been a problem befor just this pug wants to be a fecker lol anyway the more i use tesco the cheeper my insurance will be lol
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by: