Driver side door loom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driver side door loom
Rainbow 
I want to get the driver side remote central locking working.

So I've checked my driver side door loom in the rubber cover part. I checked it and its been repaired before not very good either. So I went to look around the scrap yards for anther decent one there all broken to.

But I managed to get one from the scrap yard with just 4 wires broken. So its in better condition then my loom half the wires torn and warn etc.

I got 2 good spare rubber covers as well. I'm just thinking what's the best way to get the new loom back on with the rubber.

I've cut my original robber off now. Also the original loom I want to cut it out as its not very good.

306 hdi thanks.
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-11512-po...#pid228104

or
if its just one wire you could just cut out the 1 wire and solder a new piece in, if its not to close to the plugwhere its broken.
but remember to the insulate the joints, stick the rubber boot back together with superglue not sticking it to the wires
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2013, 07:28 AM)cully Wrote: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-11512-po...#pid228104

or
if its just one wire you could just cut out the 1 wire and solder a new piece in, if its not to close to the plugwhere its broken.
but remember to the insulate the joints, stick the rubber boot back together with superglue not sticking it to the wires

Hello thanks the information.

I've managed to rewire the door loom I've used electrical connectors just for now till everything working right. So its easy to swap any change wires if needed. I can soon change over to butt connections a lot smaller. I had problems due to the 2 smaller green wires and 2 purples wires being the same. There also 2 bage and 3 yellow. The wiring wasn't very good and the marking had warn out or wires no good in bits.

The 2 purple and 2 green smaller ones don't seem to make a difference which way around.

I looked at the mirrors wiring on both sides and window and speaker wiring to check were they were going wat colours etc. Then tested each one to get them working right.

There were colours of wires easy to match up of course.

I've managed to get the mirrors, windows and speaker all working good news. I'm not sure about the central locking motor.

I need to test the wiring on the socket plug for the central locking unit.

Also how about a test for the central locking unit?

I got 2 multi meters but not the best at using them so any help would be great thanks.
Thanks given by:
I got the central locking working in the end. I put anther door piller loom in. So that sorted out afew things. The central locking still wouldn't work. So I got anther motor connected it to the loom connector and it worked fine.

You could lock the doors on the driver side only manual with the key due to that motor not working. But could open and close the others once the driver door was locked using the remote. But the driver side wouldn't with the remote due to the motor.

So now I've fitted a new motor on the car its working great now.

The loom still temp so I'm going to sort that out now everything working correctly.
Thanks given by:
well done Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Removal of driver's side electric window switch balkan_bozo 10 3,484 04-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  off side Electric window and door not working bluebenz1 1 1,617 01-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
Wink Door Loom Swapped - Central Locking Fault! partybish 8 3,035 29-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Last Post: paulgtt