Intercooler Shopping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intercooler Shopping
I hate these threads where people dont do their research....

but I dont have time before pugfest and Ive lost all my saved research and lists!
Please link me to what I need!

I think i need:
Intercooler (medium size)
piping kit
silicon hose
mykalor clamps?
c5 bottom elbow? 406 bottom elbow?

I have:
boost gauge & nipple
406 top elbow (but with no plastic adapter? what can i do?)
slim line fan

I want to have all this done before pugfest but im stupidly busy and this is the first time ive been on the forum for weeks! Please help a bro! Blush
Thanks given by:
i've got a intercooler here if you need it, i won't be putting it on the 205 now ThumbsUp
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
*sigh*

Such a massive troll rowell, go to the guide thread you mong. :p

You'll either need the other type of inlet elbow or you need to make an adapter, that's easy enough assuming you've got the means to fab it up - just get some ally plate and cut and drill it to the right size/shape then weld on a short length of ally tube.

Otherwise that list is pretty comprehensive, just buy a universal kit and your c5/406 bottom pipe and you're there. If you buy a universal kit with appropriately sized cooler it should come with all the clamps and silicon you need anyway. Don't go any bigger than 2.25", it's pointless (unless you're planning on passing 200bhp) and very difficult to work with, personally i've stuck with 2" on mine for now.

I'll drop you a pm with my number, i'm doing bugger all of use thanks to my back, so don't mind checking stuff out for you as it comes up. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
i know i know.... just want to get it done!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stage 3 shopping list londondan86 41 32,300 19-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Poodle