pressure plate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pressure plate
Hi. Just done a clutch change on father-in-law's 206 1.4 petrol. Fairly straight forward apart from the off-side drive shaft being seized in the support bearing. Angry

Anyway, I didn't bother marking the pressure plate to flywheel relationship as it's a new clutch, but on close inspection I see there's a "dowel" fitted on the pressure plate near one of the fixing bolts. Is it critical where this goes or is it purely to balance the pressure plate ? My concern is that it's a trigger for a sensor, although the flywheel sensor doesn't appear to "look" at it, and there doesn't appear to be anything else.
Going to bolt it back up tomorrow so hoping someone can help.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
There should be ~3 dowels, the rotation doesn't matter, but they're there to make sure the pressure plate is aligned
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2013, 08:57 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: There should be ~3 dowels, the rotation doesn't matter, but they're there to make sure the pressure plate is aligned

Hi. Thanks for the reply, but I don't mean the 3 dowels in the flywheel. This is a single cylindrical dowel about 10mm diameter, 13mm long, fitted to the pressure plate itself.

Cheers
Thanks given by:
This is odd...

pics would help
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
    Here's (hopefully) a picture of the dowel between the 2 mounting holes.

I have since fitted the new part and all seems fine so I was either lucky or the position of it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by:
Ah, that's a balancing weight, probably a badly made pressure plate.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by: