dead pump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dead pump?
Right then I was driveing down the road and the car cut out pluged a code reader in came fuel pump Sad I can get it to run an drive for a little bit then cuts out an cames fuel pump again so to day a change the brown relay buy the ecu still the same checked the fuel pump in the tank an that's working its pumping fuel up to the fillter houseing just nots starting unless I use easy start then if I drive it for a bit it will cut any ideas or the the pump on the engine dieing
Thanks given by:
If you pull out the osr seat and lift the carpet so you can hear the lift pump easily, then go for a drive. Should be able to tell whether or not the lift pump cuts out before the engine.

Oh, and check out the link in my sig lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Not tryed that 1 ill give that 1 a try
Thanks given by:
was guna say...lift pump most likely
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Right when out in it to day got it to start when for a drive keeps cuting out but the pump in.the tank is staying on tho
Thanks given by:
When was the last time you changed the fuel filter?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Change it monday
Thanks given by:
Did you change it for a genuine one? Fixed one of these where it turned out the issue was a new halfords fuel filter, seriously, swapped it for a genuine one and didn't have the problem again. Did you drain and flush the filter housing when you changed the last filter?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
All fixed now it was the pump on the engine after Smile wot a fun job to do
Thanks given by:
High pressure pump? Sorted that quick, done this before?! :p
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yip hight pressure pump nope never done it before fair play was not that hard to do took about 3hr an thay was stoping for cups of tea Smile
Thanks given by:
Glad its sorted, fair play.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: