Engine mount price?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine mount price?
My gearstick in my HDi wobbles when coming off the throttle most noticeably in 4th, from what I understand this is the (top?) engine mount?

Not exactly sure what I should be searching in eBay etc? What I've found range from £30 to £150!

If someone could post a link of what it is that I need and how much fitting should be then that'd be much appreciated

Thanks
Thanks given by:
more likely to be lower rear engine mount
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
now befor you go off spending aload of cash on summin av a good luck first three mounts on the engine left right and rear now 2 are easy to see and the left is alittle hard as its under the battery box anyway look at the right side of the car were the wheel is should jack up an take wheel off the lower mount is there inspect for cracks splits etc etc if you have some one to help you stand at the side(take it off the jack first lol) of the car start the motor and keeping your foot on the break put it in gear and release the clutch to the point its about to stall and youll see the engine move this will help you identify how the motor is moving and wich mount is gone going etc etc av a look on gsf or eurocarparts mate...
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
Thanks a lot mate! I'll give it a look later next week when my mate can bring his jack/stands round and offer his assistance for the last bit of it like you said.

In the meantime though I don't suppose its really a problem or likely to cause any damage?

Thanks again Smile
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 02:57 PM)rtha6551 Wrote: Thanks a lot mate! I'll give it a look later next week when my mate can bring his jack/stands round and offer his assistance for the last bit of it like you said.

In the meantime though I don't suppose its really a problem or likely to cause any damage?

Thanks again Smile
its not ideal driving it if a mount has gone to be honest mate but if you are going to drive it just drive sensible and careful if it is a rear mount its best to take the hole bracket off but that also means taking off the drive shaft I'm afraid unless you plan on buying a powerflex mount.
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 03:35 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: its not ideal driving it if a mount has gone to be honest mate but if you are going to drive it just drive sensible and careful if it is a rear mount its best to take the hole bracket off but that also means taking off the drive shaft I'm afraid unless you plan on buying a powerflex mount.

At the moment it's sat on my mums drive waiting for insurance to be transferred from my van so not being driven much and when I do I'm careful (18 years old, not used to the car etc) but now you mention it I think it'll be the first job I do when its fully on the road!

I went on the Powerflex site and found the lower rear mounts for £33 inc. VAT so not too expensive thankfully! I'll have a look for the fitting guide but how much would a garage want for it doing?

Cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
Iv no idea how much a garrage would charge mate i did my own a powerflex is easy cus nothingbhas to come off theres a power flex fitting on here somewere..
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
Whatever you do don't buy the cheapest you can find on ebay, in my experience any top mount that costs less than £40 will die in a couple of thousand miles.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 03:59 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: Iv no idea how much a garrage would charge mate i did my own a powerflex is easy cus nothingbhas to come off theres a power flex fitting on here somewere..

Ahh right mate cheers well I'll have a look for it, might just have to do my research and bite the bullet and have a go myself with a mate lol

(30-06-2013, 04:45 PM)Poodle Wrote: Whatever you do don't buy the cheapest you can find on ebay, in my experience any top mount that costs less than £40 will die in a couple of thousand miles.

I thought the same, I suppose the total cost replacing all those would be more than just buying the best one but it seems the one I need isn't even for the top so a Powerflex one at a shade over £30 should do it Smile

Cheers everyone
Thanks given by:
A genuine one from pug will only be about £45 if I remember correctly.
Thanks given by:
£53 with the VAT.

I just changed mine and what a difference! Car feels so much smoother.

The new next to the old the old had been squashed down 20-30mm! At first I though I must of had the wrong part.

[Image: IMG_20130623_171138_zps1c3e8219.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No chassis damage revealed when you took the old one off?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gearbox engine mount DeeTurbo 15 2,868 17-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  So today I went to change an engine mount... jordanhdi 8 3,436 11-05-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Lower engine mount dimensions highwayman306 15 3,420 23-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard