I got it back!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got it back!!!
Wink 
Well after being gutted for the last six month that I got rid of my d turbo I bought it back! lol

Pics first!

Bought it back off Bengley who is a great chap. The heater matrix hose had snapped so had to run it bypassed (with a jubilee crushing the hose to nothing). The drive back was epic, forgot how much of a hoot to drive a tuned xud is Big Grin To start with I kept changing gear too early expecting the fuel to cut like the HDi but soon got used to some proper revs!!!!

Short term plans are to refit the white challengers, fix rev counter as it is completely dead, discs & pads all round, change both front foglights, MOT, fuel pump fine tuning and a bloody good clean/polish!
Long term plans are ninja ....
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Looks sweet
Whats happning with the state?
Thanks given by:
It's looking well that
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
tidy!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2013, 02:37 PM)Strikeforce Wrote: Looks sweet
Whats happning with the state?

Its getting loads of bits painted while I'm on holiday next week then its coming to FCS, after thtat the father in law is having it!!

(01-07-2013, 02:49 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: It's looking well that

Nice one Smile I really missed it almost straight away after swapping it.

(01-07-2013, 02:53 PM)ginge191 Wrote: tidy!

Cheers bud!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Heh, I can't imagine not owning a 306. It is literally perfect for my needs. I don't care that the drivers check strap is broken or the interior trim is in tatters, none of those things matter. Why would someone my age need anything else? Who wants to get a new and boring car while they are young anyway? The only car I aspire to is an Impreza WRX STi and if I get one I will NEED the 306 for it's economy and all round goodness. I have seen enough threads like this one over the years to know to keep my 306 and that the grass is not greenerSmile

Edit to add amazing looks as well.
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2013, 04:17 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Heh, I can't imagine not owning a 306. It is literally perfect for my needs. I don't care that the drivers check strap is broken or the interior trim is in tatters, none of those things matter. Why would someone my age need anything else? Who wants to get a new and boring car while they are young anyway? The only car I aspire to is an Impreza WRX STi and if I get one I will NEED the 306 for it's economy and all round goodness. I have seen enough threads like this one over the years to know to keep my 306 and that the grass is not greenerSmile

I still had a 306 but it was an hdi. Its the rawness from the xud that I missed. Sod the scoobys, yes they look great but attract the wrong attention imo. You just cant get better than ~160bhp buckets of torque and 50mpg.

And yea, she is gorgeous! cheers Smile

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Heh, I've wanted a scooby since I was about 10 so it's something that's got to happen. But yeah I agree about the 306s, gotta love having mountains of torque when you sit inches from the ground! Wish my 306 was in that condition.
Thanks given by:
Oh and not forgetting the chronic 11mm pre boost coal!!!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Sweet 306 man Smile Black 306's FTW Big Grin
[Image: DSC_0054.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2013, 04:42 PM)Darren123 Wrote: Sweet 306 man Smile Black 306's FTW Big Grin

Cheers bud! Can't believe I sold it first time around!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2013, 04:17 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Heh, I can't imagine not owning a 306. It is literally perfect for my needs. I don't care that the drivers check strap is broken or the interior trim is in tatters, none of those things matter. Why would someone my age need anything else? Who wants to get a new and boring car while they are young anyway? The only car I aspire to is an Impreza WRX STi and if I get one I will NEED the 306 for it's economy and all round goodness. I have seen enough threads like this one over the years to know to keep my 306 and that the grass is not greenerSmile

Amen to that brother!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^ cheers mate Smile

Anyone know if the sensor for the rev counter is supposed to go on top of the gearbox above the flywheel with a 3 pin plug? If so its missing completely???? Ill try and get a pic later if I get the chance.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
that was your old car? always liked the look of that one Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2013, 05:24 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: that was your old car? always liked the look of that one Smile

Yea cheers mate Smile did a straight swap for the estate. Glad I've owned an hdi but xud ftw!!!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
team black xud ftmfw
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Your bonnet and grill or your life if you please.

In all seriousness, if you ever think about swapping it them out, I want badly.

Looks sweet.
Thanks given by:
Yep team black xud all the way!!!!

And no you can't have the bonnet or the grille. Lol. This time she's a keeper!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Sweet lookng dt! Bought my widetrack sti 8 months ago nothing beats it love it ! Buy one you wont regret it!
[Image: image_zps738f3eaa.jpg]
Thanks given by: