Fan not kicking in

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fan not kicking in
Hi guys, this wiring doesn't look right to me.. Any advice on what to try to test radiator fan?

And in layman a terms haha, I'm new to pugs Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 09:28 AM)Northern-john Wrote: Hi guys, this wiring doesn't look right to me.. Any advice on what to try to test radiator fan?

And in layman a terms haha, I'm new to pugs Wink

That looks like someone has had summin previously wired in...as for the fans mate most likely thermostat...
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
So just a case of re-earthing, and then checking the thermostat?.. Any clues as to where it is?..
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 12:57 PM)Northern-john Wrote: So just a case of re-earthing, and then checking the thermostat?.. Any clues as to where it is?..

Usualy on the radiator mate
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
Does yours have AC? If so, i unplug the brown sensor on the thermostat housing with the engine running. If the fans dont kick in on full speed after a few seconds, you need a new Bitron fan controller
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2013, 03:19 PM)niall Wrote: Does yours have AC? If so, i unplug the brown sensor on the thermostat housing with the engine running. If the fans dont kick in on full speed after a few seconds, you need a new Bitron fan controller

Tried that, and still nothing Sad, but also, checked the thermostat.. And correct me if I'm wrong, but there's part of it missing? Lol

Oh and forgot to add, the ac still works lol

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Err yes that is f*cked! lol

In which case mate, you need a new bitron fan controller.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-40...4ac0e883ef

Thats what you need but its far too expensive!! Ring round some scrappies and you should be able to pick one up for about £20. It lives under the inner wing under the near side headlight. Bit fiddly to replace. Have to take out the arch liner then you can get to it.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: