Straight through exhaust/mot regs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straight through exhaust/mot regs
But they're not quick at all lol....

If your DT feels VTR fast, that's your average stage 1 tune lol...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
just FYI Tom, the flow on that exhaust setup is pretty decent, and is MOT safe... be careful welding on pipe as you need something to put back on for MOT's
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2012, 08:48 PM)Poodle Wrote: Extract taken directly from the 2012 MOT testers manual:

"On vehicles that qualify for a full cat emissions
test, check the presence of the catalytic
converter."

Pre-2001 diesels do not qualify for a full cat test, so they shouldn't fail it for not having one.

That said, this is assuming your average MOT tester is fully capable of understanding that instruction and ignoring hearsay, and also that they didn't get out of the wrong side of bed that morning. In conclusion, friendly MOT testers ftw! Big Grin

This goes for all diesels.
No diesel does a full emissions check just smoke so removal of the cats is fine on any car made to date.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
On to straight through asap, can't wait to hear her bumbling away :p
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2012, 05:39 PM)ginge191 Wrote: just FYI Tom, the flow on that exhaust setup is pretty decent, and is MOT safe... be careful welding on pipe as you need something to put back on for MOT's

This is a really old thread bud, about my first dt when i was getting an exhaust made up Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2012, 10:28 AM)Tom Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 05:39 PM)ginge191 Wrote: just FYI Tom, the flow on that exhaust setup is pretty decent, and is MOT safe... be careful welding on pipe as you need something to put back on for MOT's

This is a really old thread bud, about my first dt when i was getting an exhaust made up Wink

Old'ns are always the best Big Grin
Thanks given by:
ah i seeeeeeee... just an epic revival
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
To right Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Just organised the creation of my straight through for the cost off my time sorting out my mate's computer, he is making a straight through and de baffling for free :p
Thanks given by:
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! These d tubs are generally cheap to do... well everything lol!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah man, I love my dtub, and I got a bargain as well with mine, well worth more than I paid. I call her fudge, because licence plate ends in foj.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exhaust Size again!, Dowpipe to Straight pipe JamesPT 12 4,461 12-01-2015, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Chairchild
  Exhaust on a Straight Diesel Darren123 14 5,338 02-05-2013, 12:53 AM
Last Post: samass