11mm Bosch pump issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11mm Bosch pump issues
Right this 11mm runs and starts perfect, gives f*ck loads of fuel but when boosting it through a couple of gears it will splutter/stall/ be very lumpy for a few seconds when the throttles let off then start up lumpy but then it's ok after.
When the LDA feed popped off it was absolutely fine, so I'm thinking either its getting starved of fuel but it has a new fuel filter (non standard one similar to the VAG type but smaller).
I know it got a slightly leaking banjo copper seal so it could be that. I'm hoping it is just air getting in the fuel or getting fuel starvation but it's an un-known pump bought from another site.
I'll have a proper look around over the weekend but if anyone's got any idea's feel free to post as any help would be appreciated.

Please note this is not on my car but it's on a friends who has an identical car to mine.

Thanks
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Sounds like fuel starvation from air ingress.

exactly what I had with my 11mm pump when a leak off pipe was bust

could also be lda getting jammed? ! Only guess but I would check
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You could be getting to that point where you need bigger fuel lines?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like fuel Ingres if you've got a leaky seal. Had this issue once. Was a horrible drive. Flip the copper washers round usual gives it a new seal
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
1st point of call, get an IPP gauge on her! you'll have much better idea of whats going on then!... can make them up with ebay parts for less than £20
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've tried sanding and cleaning the washers but they still weep. I really hope it's just air ingress. Goes like stink though, the 11mm is such a different drive to the 9mm and pulls really hard up in the revs. Want one on mine now ninja

I'll look into that Though Dave!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I'll have one ready for sale soon Wink

I love it too!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm thinking along the lines of fuel starvation if its after a couple of pulls, just emptying the pump out, as Dave said an IPP will help you spot it straight away.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I hope so Pellowe. It's fine if its not redlined. We'll try a larger fuel filter and sealed up properly and give it another rag Wink
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
My 11mm used to spluttering and jump on boost which I believe was caused by the delivery vains inside going as it stopped running and.was just airing up injectors 1 and 4
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
I'm sure Darren said the other day that no ones got to the point of starving these pumps of fuel yet?
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
He has haha and apparently jp had to do something to his fuel lines or banjos are something and it made a difference :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 09:38 PM)Tom Wrote: He has haha and apparently jp had to do something to his fuel lines or banjos are something and it made a difference :/

Darren said noone pushes them hard enough to notice, but IPP's do drop and when abused for any length of time the lines DO in fact become a restriction, but nobody drives in a way to highlight it.

But..

This may be the case here.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 09:44 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(27-06-2013, 09:38 PM)Tom Wrote: He has haha and apparently jp had to do something to his fuel lines or banjos are something and it made a difference :/

Darren said noone pushes them hard enough to notice, but IPP's do drop and when abused for any length of time the lines DO in fact become a restriction, but nobody drives in a way to highlight it.

But..

This may be the case here.

That might of been what he said but im pretty he uses a lift pump on his own car, and the jp but is just what he said on here, could be bs, bot really an issue for me though i dont care lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
So I fitted a larger fuel filter and some new banjo washers after work at 9p.m (dedication) and it doesn't seem to restrict fuel anymore. Just need to turn up the fuel now
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
One thing don't sand the copper washers just blow torch them to relax the metal so it can crush/seal again.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
heat and cold to recure the copper
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,467 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,996 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Lucas pump timing probe issues weka 0 1,299 21-03-2019, 08:39 PM