What happened over at .net?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened over at .net?
(27-06-2013, 04:42 PM)Niall Wrote:
(27-06-2013, 04:39 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: the colour can be changed back, 99% of the best people that were over there are all .oc now, .net used to be great when i started on there 5 years ago, now it's absolutely turd, Warlord will do a good job but in honesty he should have come over here with us as he's one of the few good ones left over there, too good for the shithole that has become of .net . . . imho of course . .Smile

Agreed but realistically, he was never going to come over here. He has basically single handedly run that forum for the past 2 years so he was hardly going to just give it up and i dont blame him. Springs came over here at the start but he basically acted like a complete wanker and disappeared pretty soon after.

yeah also agreed, he had made a big personal investment in time, in fact he was the only person i felt bad for when we all upped sticks over here . . . .
and Springs . . . don't get me started, that's Warlords first mistake running with him as right hand man, he comes free with a big cock attached to his head . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I remember Warlord0, he was always nice to me. I joined the forum in the "glory days" of 2009, April, I think it was. A couple of years ago back in my college days I was looking at some of my first posts on there. I was gonna get a 1.4 to begin with, could you believe!? Darren J Lobb did a lot to make that forum famous as well. It's sad now, there is no diesel expert community over there, anyone over there with a diesel will be stuck for tuning advice. What I don't understand is why make certain forums private? Having guests read the forums could bring in some extra knowledge, seems counter productive to me. But anyway, yeah, good 'ole pugnet days!
Thanks given by:
Merger!!!

Just remember if it wasn't for .net and club306, which both have got worse since oc started, this place would not exist and I bet if the old owners had wanted to sell a few years ago someone from here/ there at the time would have bought it and then there would of been no oc cos things would have got better.
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 04:55 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Merger!!!

Just remember if it wasn't for .net and club306, which both have got worse since oc started, this place would not exist and I bet if the old owners had wanted to sell a few years ago someone from here/ there at the time would have bought it and then there would of been no oc cos things would have got better.

Almost sounds like you are against the idea of OC lol
Thanks given by:
You take it how you won't, I met most of you lot over there.

And use this forum the most.
Thanks given by:
Mark, we actually did offer to buy .net over 2 years ago... we put a good offer in but got turned down.

We wish warlord all the best, he's always been a great guy and we do genuinely wish him all the best. Its just a shame its taken so long for warlord to properly get ownership so he can control it the way its now going.

I'm just concerned that its past its peak and there isnt much he can do, no matter how great he can make it, as it once was.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 04:51 PM)306Puggy Wrote: I remember Warlord0, he was always nice to me. I joined the forum in the "glory days" of 2009, April, I think it was. A couple of years ago back in my college days I was looking at some of my first posts on there. I was gonna get a 1.4 to begin with, could you believe!? Darren J Lobb did a lot to make that forum famous as well. It's sad now, there is no diesel expert community over there, anyone over there with a diesel will be stuck for tuning advice. What I don't understand is why make certain forums private? Having guests read the forums could bring in some extra knowledge, seems counter productive to me. But anyway, yeah, good 'ole pugnet days!

Agree with this. The entire diesel (proper fuel lol) community came over here. For a while I was answering questions on .net for the newbies but soon got bored and pm'd people telling them to come over here instead. It is a shame about how it all went down hill but as already said it was run like a business and badly, money that was raised never went back into the club hence the constant down time and shiny new wheels. I've been on here from near the beginning and as far as I know it hasn't been down at all, proper admin in a proper club for enthusiast - the way it should be.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 05:57 PM)londondan86 Wrote:
(27-06-2013, 04:51 PM)306Puggy Wrote: I remember Warlord0, he was always nice to me. I joined the forum in the "glory days" of 2009, April, I think it was. A couple of years ago back in my college days I was looking at some of my first posts on there. I was gonna get a 1.4 to begin with, could you believe!? Darren J Lobb did a lot to make that forum famous as well. It's sad now, there is no diesel expert community over there, anyone over there with a diesel will be stuck for tuning advice. What I don't understand is why make certain forums private? Having guests read the forums could bring in some extra knowledge, seems counter productive to me. But anyway, yeah, good 'ole pugnet days!

Agree with this. The entire diesel (proper fuel lol) community came over here. For a while I was answering questions on .net for the newbies but soon got bored and pm'd people telling them to come over here instead. It is a shame about how it all went down hill but as already said it was run like a business and badly, money that was raised never went back into the club hence the constant down time and shiny new wheels. I've been on here from near the beginning and as far as I know it hasn't been down at all, proper admin in a proper club for enthusiast - the way it should be.

Whilst we appreciate the want to get more members on this forum, We would appreciate it if people didn't do this. Its up to other people to stumble across this forum and make their mind up as to if they will use it or not. Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Clearly you haven't met Scott.. His back garden is alloy Mecca!
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 06:00 PM)Niall Wrote:

Whilst we appreciate the want to get more members on this forum, We would appreciate it if people didn't do this. Its up to other people to stumble across this forum and make their mind up as to if they will use it or not. Smile

Fair enough. It was just frustrating seeing genuine questions getting ignored or poor advice given.

(27-06-2013, 06:02 PM)vlj Wrote:

Clearly you haven't met Scott.. His back garden is alloy Mecca!

lolol! So thats where all the Peugeot Lions have gone... lol
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 04:39 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: the colour can be changed back, 99% of the best people that were over there are all .oc now, .net used to be great when i started on there 5 years ago, now it's absolutely turd, Warlord will do a good job but in honesty he should have come over here with us as he's one of the few good ones left over there, too good for the shithole that has become of .net . . . imho of course . .Smile

Ha, I remember you posting in my first thread on .net, something along the lines of "should have got a petrol"...

The times they are a changin' eh?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
.net was shit. This is shit. The Gti forum was good until they started charging twentyfuckingquid and the place started being moderated by nazis.

You're all shit.

The only reason i'm still here is you all take the trollings on the chin, over on .net i was "that guy from the gti6 forum" and seemed to piss people off with trolling. On the gti6 forum i was "that guy who painted his gti6 a colour other than factory", it was all downhill from there.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 07:02 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: .net was shit. This is shit. The Gti forum was good until they started charging twentyfuckingquid and the place started being moderated by nazis.

You're all shit.

The only reason i'm still here is you all take the trollings on the chin, over on .net i was "that guy from the gti6 forum" and seemed to piss people off with trolling. On the gti6 forum i was "that guy who painted his gti6 a colour other than factory", it was all downhill from there.

Piss off the you miserable lady garden,

all you guys from the gti forum are the same !!!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 07:05 PM)puglove Wrote:
(27-06-2013, 07:02 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: .net was shit. This is shit. The Gti forum was good until they started charging twentyfuckingquid and the place started being moderated by nazis.

You're all shit.

Piss off the you miserable lady garden,

Yeah, pissed off that an ugly bastard like you owns a GTi. We're tarnished by association.
Thanks given by:
That's supposed to say c unt btw chris not lady garden :p

Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 07:13 PM)puglove Wrote: That's supposed to say c unt btw chris not lady garden :p

Thanks for clearing that up, I had no idea that there's a filter that stops you saying words like c.unt. Honest.
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 07:12 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(27-06-2013, 07:05 PM)puglove Wrote:

You're all shit.

Piss off then you miserable lady garden,

Yeah, pissed off that an ugly bastard like you owns a GTi. We're tarnished by association.

Haha shame that ............ but you f*cking love it really

(27-06-2013, 07:14 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(27-06-2013, 07:13 PM)puglove Wrote: That's supposed to say c unt btw chris not lady garden :p

Thanks for clearing that up, I had no idea that there's a filter that stops you saying words like c.unt. Honest.

Hey iv only just worked out that it changes it to lady garden ............. give me a break FFs
S

Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 02:45 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Its going to be a hard job for MR Warlord over there as its like a new manager (in a football analogy) takng over
The club has had a massive decline from the 'glory days' just a few seasons ago
If anyone can do it its this guy. Personally however I can't get along with the new colours and the idea of the memberships to access an extra bit of the forum

Good luck to them but I fear the main bit of damage has been done by the ruin and neglect from foxy

tbh 4way I think warlords been in charge since what happened. now since hes taking over, which I had a feeling he would end up doing so,
also a new broom sweeps clean, new managers can sort out damage and improve things.
sad thing is tho the fourm lost you fellas! be nice to reboot those glory days again.
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 07:16 PM)puglove Wrote: Hey iv only just worked out that it changes it to lady garden ............. give me a break FFs
S

FFsS? F..f*ck..S...Sake..? got a written stammer or something lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 07:27 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: FFsS? F..f*ck..S...Sake..? got a written stammer or something lol

f*ck off prick! Angry

Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 07:25 PM)procta Wrote:
(27-06-2013, 02:45 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Its going to be a hard job for MR Warlord over there as its like a new manager (in a football analogy) takng over
If anyone can do it its this guy. Personally however I can't get along with the new colours and the idea of the memberships to access an extra bit of the forum

Good luck to them but I fear the main bit of damage has been done by the ruin and neglect from foxy

tbh 4way I think warlords been in charge since what happened. now since hes taking over, which I had a feeling he would end up doing so,
also a new broom sweeps clean, new managers can sort out damage and improve things.
sad thing is tho the fourm lost you fellas! be nice to reboot those glory days again.

Define glory days.

theywhoshallnotbenamed is just a name. If most regular posters are over here, essentially this IS theywhoshallnotbenamed, only without the absurd membership fees and admin reading your PM's on a daily basis.
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 07:28 PM)puglove Wrote:
(27-06-2013, 07:27 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: FFsS? F..f*ck..S...Sake..? got a written stammer or something lol

f*ck off prick! Angry

[Image: file.php?2,file=83473,filename=butthurt_awww.jpg]
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fair point chris, any one who was a decent regular member is here any way just left the usless admin behind and got some fresh usless admin < mostly aimed at niall Tongue

Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 07:28 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(27-06-2013, 07:25 PM)procta Wrote:

Define glory days.

theywhoshallnotbenamed is just a name. If most regular posters are over here, essentially this IS theywhoshallnotbenamed, only without the absurd membership fees and admin reading your PM's on a daily basis.

i still read yours every day! Just because im a cock like that.

(27-06-2013, 07:30 PM)puglove Wrote: Fair point chris, any one who was a decent regular member is here any way just left the usless admin behind and got some fresh usless admin < mostly aimed at niall Tongue

Hey man im not admin!

(yet. one day i will replace both Scott and Fooby!)
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 07:30 PM)puglove Wrote: Fair point chris, any one who was a decent regular member is here any way just left the usless admin behind and got some fresh usless admin < mostly aimed at niall Tongue

I'll have you know Niall's cluelessness is a facade, we have plans ninja

And yeah, if you have a group of people who enjoy each others company, but they choose to change their local pub after they found out the owner was skimming money and not cleaning the beer lines, it's still the same bunch of people, just with a better run pub.

.net is just a domain name, just like the first pub. People move on, the pub isnt the same without them, and without the regulars the pub needs new management. Meanwhile the new pub is booming. It's the same atmosphere inside though Wink
Thanks given by:
I guessed you had fooby, I just did not want to write it before I knew for sure.

I just think it would be cool to have one super forum, where everyone gets on we have loads of meets and loads of people turning up.

I know it's wishful thinking but we all use to get along when it was just the two main 306 forums.

Most of the people from club, net and gti are on here.
Thanks given by:
VERY good analogy actually, like a fresh start cleared out all the shite and useless/pointless sections full of shite

Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 07:36 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: I guessed you had fooby, I just did not want to write it before I knew for sure.

I just think it would be cool to have one super forum, where everyone gets on we have loads of meets and loads of people turning up.

I know it's wishful thinking but we all use to get along when it was just the two main 306 forums.

Most of the people from club, net and gti are on here.

As cool as that would be, it wont happen. I have accounts on .net, here, gti6 and club306 (ok i only really use here and the 6 forum) yet ive stuck to this one mainly because of the people. Most share a similar sense of humour to me and most are actually genuine friends off of the forum. I dont really get that on the 6 forum because their idea of humour over there is different and they are a very closed community IMO. People just naturally fall into groups.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 07:32 PM)Niall Wrote:
(27-06-2013, 07:30 PM)puglove Wrote: Fair point chris, any one who was a decent regular member is here any way just left the usless admin behind and got some fresh usless admin/staff < mostly aimed at niall Tongue

Hey man im not admin!

Better?

(27-06-2013, 07:39 PM)Niall Wrote: As cool as that would be, it wont happen. I have accounts on .net, here, gti6 and club306 (ok i only really use here and the 6 forum) yet ive stuck to this one mainly because of the people. Most share a similar sense of humour to me and most are actually genuine friends off of the forum. I dont really get that on the 6 forum because their idea of humour over there is different and they are a very closed community IMO. People just naturally fall into groups.

I suppose your sense of humour defines what forum you use at the end of the day and I suppose you need that choice hence more than one forum

Thanks given by:
(27-06-2013, 04:26 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: Who will we aim the 'pay me so I can buy more alloys' jokes at now..... Sad

I thought that's what we do when Scott asks for donations? lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats happened to all the cheap cars!! bashbarnard 23 8,642 07-09-2017, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  What's happened to Toms306? Silky 7 2,396 02-04-2017, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Silky
Big Grin So.... This happened bholten 9 4,277 17-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: tigerstyle